Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Commands

Hi qclas,

I have not worked with the Valco multiport valve before, but if you are using serial communication, a good place to start would be by using the LabVIEW Serial Write and Read examples. You can find these by going to Help > Find Examples > Hardware Input and Output > Serial.

This is also a really good resource to get you started. Good luck!
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(3,973 Views)

Hi Rasheel

Thanks for the tip.

I'm not expecting any serious difficulties in programming the vi, however this is a really common hardware in analytics and I'm sure hundreds of people have already done it. I'd love to adapt something existing instead of reinventing the wheel.

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(3,968 Views)
Since I posted this inquiry about a year ago, I have been able to establish control of these valves.  If you have any trouble, let me know.  There are a few odds and ends that tripped me up on the way, but it wasn't all that complicated.  Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(3,959 Views)
I have attached some Valco stuff I wrote.  I'm not pretending do B the Guru but these have worked for me. See attachments.
Message 14 of 27
(3,704 Views)

I know this was a long time ago, but wcduffin, there are a few subVI's missing when I try to open your VI's.  I am interested in the Valco 2, 4 or 8 (not the 2 position ones) if you wouldnt mind posting the missing subVI's

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(3,140 Views)

OK.  I need to know if you're running Fieldpoint for the Valco 8 position valve.  I am currently extracting ALL the sub vi's to be included in each valve control

s folder of which I am creating.  The 8 position valve used Fieldpoint (a PC vi and a remote vi on the fieldpoint module.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(3,105 Views)

wcduffin, thanks for the reply.  I was able to use one of the example codes from Labview and it works perfectly.

"You can find these by going to Help > Find Examples > Hardware Input and Output > Serial"

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(3,095 Views)

wcduffin, 

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but did you post the missing subvi's for KTM Enthusiast?  I'm also trying to operate valco valves (4 position) with Labview, and I'm running into trouble with the serial connection.   

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(2,951 Views)

I had good luck with using the Basic Serial Write and Read example under Hardware Input and Output - Serial

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(2,948 Views)

pbuckley,

I'm trying to perform a similar task in my lab. I have two  4 port 2 position VICI valves with a universal actuator that has been provided with a serial interface (USB). I can control both the valves I have using Hyper Terminal, but would like to use Labview to control them. I've tried talking to the folks at VICI (VALCO) but when it comes to Labview, they aren't able to help me out. The folks at NI tell me I need to find Labview compatible drivers from VICI and the VICI  tech support tell me they don't know much about Labview. Any suggestions from your side would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I haven't used Labview before, but there are a few senior students familiar with Labview that can help me out. I just need to know how to get started.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(2,510 Views)