Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - VISA read problem

Hey, I am using Labview to control lab equipment (Agilent 8164A Lighwave meas. sys.). When I am runing the program (attached), it always give me an error: Error-1073807339 occurred at VISA Read. Please see attached info. Could anyone please help? Since I am very new to Labview, If you could modify the attached program will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,151 Views)

I see that you don't have much experience in LabVIEW, but you do have worked hard.

The biggest mistake is that LabVIEW has parallallelisme built in.

All the statements are in fact executed at almost the same time and in the way this is programmed you cannot tell what is sent first to the instrument. The best way to handle this is to connect the error out of the first write to the error in of the second one and so connect all write and read statements in the correct order.

Another feature of this sequencing by wiring is that you see the first error and all other write and read statements only pass the error.

So the error message then pinpoints to the first error. Especially nice when looking with the debug lamp on what happens and where excatly the errror starts.

If yo don't understand jsut ask again

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,151 Views)
Thanks a lot for your reply. However, I still don't understand. What exactly I have to do? connect the error out of the first write to the error in of the second one? But the error is from read?
Sorry for my silly question.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,146 Views)
Check the examples, especially 'Advanced Serial Write and Read.vi'!
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,136 Views)