From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 488 not recognized by computer

Hi, I have a NI488 GPIB board but the computer can't recognized it after I plugged in. I downloaded some drivers but it still can't connected rightly. I wonder which driver should I use? My opreating system is Win7 and I want to connect it with Keithley 2001 multimeter for the data record.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,035 Views)

Hi Bear2013,

Thanks for posting on the NI Discussion Forums!

You can use either the NI-488.2 driver for low-level GPIB functions or NI-VISA for a more high-level approach. You can find downloads for both at ni.com/downloads.

Which operating system are you using? Does the computer recognize at all that the device is plugged in?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,002 Views)

After taking a closer look at your pictures, I just want to make sure which card this is. Can you confirm the manufacturer and the part number? I don't see PCI-488.2 is not in the National Instruments product catalog.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,979 Views)

That is an old and now obsolete board from Measurement Computing. You may be able to still get the drivers:

http://www.mccdaq.com/

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,966 Views)

I I have the same problem, but I work with XP
to run MAX can not detect my GPIB
could give me a solution

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,837 Views)

Hi elchido,

Do you have the NI-488.2 and NI-VISA drivers installed? Downloads for both drivers can be found at ni.com/downloads, as mentioned above.

In order to get more traffic for this question, please create a new post and reference the old post if necessary.

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,817 Views)