Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 488 not recognized by computer

Hi, I have a NI488 GPIB board but the computer can't recognized it after I plugged in. I downloaded some drivers but it still can't connected rightly. I wonder which driver should I use? My opreating system is Win7 and I want to connect it with Keithley 2001 multimeter for the data record.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,029 Views)

Hi Bear2013,

Thanks for posting on the NI Discussion Forums!

You can use either the NI-488.2 driver for low-level GPIB functions or NI-VISA for a more high-level approach. You can find downloads for both at ni.com/downloads.

Which operating system are you using? Does the computer recognize at all that the device is plugged in?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,996 Views)

After taking a closer look at your pictures, I just want to make sure which card this is. Can you confirm the manufacturer and the part number? I don't see PCI-488.2 is not in the National Instruments product catalog.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,973 Views)

That is an old and now obsolete board from Measurement Computing. You may be able to still get the drivers:

http://www.mccdaq.com/

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,960 Views)

I I have the same problem, but I work with XP
to run MAX can not detect my GPIB
could give me a solution

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,831 Views)

Hi elchido,

Do you have the NI-488.2 and NI-VISA drivers installed? Downloads for both drivers can be found at ni.com/downloads, as mentioned above.

In order to get more traffic for this question, please create a new post and reference the old post if necessary.

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,811 Views)