From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interchanging USB data acquisition systems

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm looking to use the same Labeled program while interchanging the USB-6210 data acquisition system with the same program. I am using Labeled 8.5.1 and have a voltage reading program. What I am finding however, is that the .vi program doesn't seem to acquire on the software side when I disconnect the USB-6210 that I'm using and plug in another, but the same model hardware system. The green LED on the hardware will flash, but there will be no inputs on the charts of the program. To measure the voltage, I use the "DAQ Assistant" function block to connect to the analog channels in this system. To get around this issue, I have to modify the DAQ Assistant function in order for the device interchanging to work (delete and use the wizard to generate a new DAQ Assistant). This is quite cumbersome but doable, however, the hope is to apply this program and hardware to multiple sites, each with their own hardware system. Is there a way to interchange the hardware systems but keep the same program so that there would possibly be a way around it? I have also used the Application builder to generate a standalone program for this but the same issue occurs. Would there be any recommendation for allowing multiple devices, or am I missing something? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,838 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KarenM

Each time you plug in a new device it gets its own device ID

starting at Dev1 Dev2 etc.

So either rename in Measurement and Automattion eXplorer (MAX) or use another setting in the daq assistant.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,827 Views)

KarenM,

Look at this idea in the Data Acquistion Idea Exchange Board.  Jeff has requested exactly what you are asking.  The title he chose makes it a bit tricky to find by a search.  If you like the idea, please give it Kudos.  Ideas with lots of Kudos are more likely to get high priority for implementation.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,808 Views)

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it would be great to have the ability to switched devices and have it work with any Labview program seamslessly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,804 Views)