Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with VOTSCH VT 7004 Thermal chamber using Labview (RS232 interface)

I have a climate chamber Votsch VT 7004, I would like to control it from my PC using RS232 protocol. I have a USB port, I haven't connected it to the PC yet due to the fact that in the manual it's said that USB can be used for storing the measurements to flash memory. This type of chamber only has Digital I/O port, USB port, network connection port and 4 pole port socket for mobile temperature measuring sensor. I was thinking to get from the chamber's mother board a DB9 port to connect it with my PC. The control application is already done in C# in order to communicate (send/request information) with the temperature chamber, the only thing missing is the connection from the PC (DB9) and the chamber's port.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(3,143 Views)

Hello Marco!

I am right now trying to communicate with VT4010(same climate chamber you have mentioned). I am trying through serial communication and I couldn't read any byte count from the serial port. Please give some tips and Did you try to sort out your problem?

Thanks and regards,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(3,099 Views)

I was able to connect ok. Check to see if your serial port settings are correct. Try reading the number of available bytes and see if there is any in the first place. In my case I had wrong port number and it was causing the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(3,089 Views)

Thanks for your response. I checked the device port settings. Still I couldn't open communication.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(3,066 Views)

Try posting your code.  Until we have some tangible object to review, everything is purely speculative.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(3,047 Views)

I have attached the VI and also the sub VI, which i found in the forum. I used this sub vi to write my command. I couldn't still read any bytes.

Thanks and Regards

Kalpana

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(3,032 Views)

1. you can also try a simple terminal program like hterm

2. the VIs are in LabView 2019, sorry I cannot open them, I currently use LV2016 and 2018

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(3,024 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions! Smiley Happy

I sorted out the problem. The problem was not with LabVIEW program, it was with the Hardware.

I didnt change the protocol of the HW. It was running with J-Bus protocol, which didn't accept my ASCII strings.

Now it works.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(2,993 Views)

HI, 

How did you manage to change the HW settings ? 

Do you have a manual that explains step by step? 

As I am facing the same issue, where I can read anything from the chamber. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(2,047 Views)