Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with VOTSCH VT 7004 Thermal chamber using Labview (RS232 interface)

Hello.

I have a Votsch VT 7004 which communicate in RS232 with my PC.

I want to change the heating rate of the Votsch. Are they a commend to do this ? And i want know how command " gradient up speed temp " works ?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(6,805 Views)

See page 6 of this document for the command register. Not sure what the units are in, maybe degrees C per minute?

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/140/35209/1/File0156.PDF

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(6,801 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

I have read my command register but when i launch my command the Error indicator of the Votsch lights in red. There's the " error 0 " messages. I checked my character string and he is good. I want to know why there's this message ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(6,792 Views)

I apologize, I posted the wrong link- seep page 10 here:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/140/44043/1/PROTOCOLE%20RS%20232.pdf

Can you poll the chamber for the current setting of the parameter?

I must admit I am not familiar with this chamber.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(6,782 Views)

I can communicate with my Votsch because i can choose the temperature i want and the four works. Only this gradient don't work.

I tested with your code and the error is always here. In my doc of my Votsch, this is not a code like this but it doesn't work too.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(6,774 Views)

Is there a possibility to controll a Votsch using USB or Ethernet (no RS232 available)? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(6,208 Views)

Did you program VT7004 using just the Ethernet port alone? I have same situation. Out chamber doesnt have the RS232 or 485 options. Can you please help? Can you share the labview programs if yo u had them working?

Appreiate help.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(3,899 Views)

Hello ,

Can you please tell me, if you have managed to communicate with the climate chamber via USB? 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(3,779 Views)

Do you have a chamber with USB adapter? If yes, what happens, if you connect it over USB to your PC? Does it load Drivers? Does it create a (virtual) COM Port? If yes, then you are able to communicate over COM Port.

Try any COM Terminal (e.g. hterm)

1. open corresponding port with 9600,8,N,1

2. send "$01I<CR>" to the com port (<CR> is carriage return and is 0x13, try also $00I<CR>

3. see what happens

If the chamber does not answer, then it probably has wrong protocol type set.

These protocol types are possible:

1. ASCII-1

2. ASCII-2

3. TSI

Look into the protocol description of ASCII-1 and try to request data in  ASCII-1 format.

Do/did you have success?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(3,767 Views)

I was able to communicate with the chamber via ethernet. I had wrong port number. So it was not labview error, it was me entering wrong parameters. It works fine now.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(3,752 Views)