From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9871 flow control

I don't seem to be able to programmatically change the flow control on the NI 9871.  In the project explorer, I set the Flow Control property to Hardware RTS/CTS and Tranceiver Mode to 4 wire.  When using a loop back plug (jump 2->3, 6->7, 4->8 and 5->9) everything works fine.  If I remove jumpers 2->3 and 6->7 and programmatically set flow control to None, the device never transmits. If I set the default Flow Control to None in the project and recompile, things work as expected.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,694 Views)

Hi BJMarsh,

Are you getting any specific errors or it just doesn't transmit?

Could you tell us what version of LabVIEW your running and the model cRIO you are using?  Would you mind posting your code/project?

Thanks,

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,659 Views)

Sure, Dave

LabVIEW 2012 SP1

cRIO-9073

Thanks for your interest!

Blaine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,652 Views)

Hi Blaine,

I'm in the process of recreating the issue.  Based on my results I'll get back to you with an explanation.

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,640 Views)

Hi Blaine,

Is there some RT host code that goes with this?  Could you post it as well?  How do you have your FIFOs configured?

Thanks,

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,628 Views)

Hey Dave,

FIFO's are 517 and 511 (READ / WRITE).  I would send the entire project, but it is part of a very large project.  I have zipped just the vi's.

Thanks for the help.

Blaine

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,621 Views)

Hi Blaine,

I haven't been able to receive in two wire mode, even after recompiling.

Could you post a screen shot of the configuration settings in the RT VI and in the Project explorer?

Also, it might be worth seeing what happens if you read the properties you set programmatically to see if the programmatic changes updated the settings.  The snippet attached should accomplish that.

Thanks,

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,602 Views)