Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView and Ideos smartphone: Need a help

Hi buddies!

I want tobe able to read to a file which is within Ideos phone. I think using USB host adapter which I normally use to transfer data in/out

is possible for communication between labview and phone too. In device manager when I plug the adapter it is detected in USB controllers, and it is not possible to transfer things between labview and phone. What am I suppose to have so that this simple program can work out? In the program I have plugged visa read from a file and visa read, is there anything else needed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,354 Views)

Hi precious1, 

There are several ways that may work for what you want to do like Bluetooth for example. I don't know which data format your phone would send but none the less it would get there. The USB adapter sounds like it could possibly work. What you should do next is make sure that windows recognizes your device and has the needed driver to be able to communicate with it. At that point the next important step is to ensure that LabVIEW can detect and communicate with your phone. To do this you need to go into NI Measurment and Automation Explore and find your device and run a simple read write test. Let me know where you are at with this. Because your device is considered 3rd party it may not be supported by LabVIEW. You will know once you try to communicate with it in Measurement and Automation Explore.

At the point that we know LabVIEW can comunicate you should be able to use the appropriate functions to read and write to the device. Let me know if you need any help with any of this.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,331 Views)

Dear Ryan

I am caught by a surprise to find that someone replied my post long time ago, my phone didn't alert me for this as I have been looking at emails every now and then to see if someone has helped until now as I have opened my PC. My dear brother, my phone can send and receive many files format even when it can not support it but at least the file will be there and you can can not open it. I usually transfer word documents, music and movies to it from a PC using the same cable I tried to use to communicate with Labview but it was not detected at all. When you commented about MAX I had to google what it is as I am new to labview so many things are new to me as well, if I am correctly this is what I got regarding MAX "MAX is a program designed to configure NI hardware for use with NI software. MAX cannot be downloaded by itself, but comes packaged with other National Instruments drivers", I don't have real NI devices so how can I go and test to MAX while I don't have NI devices?

My interest was to be able to send and receive file to any external device, so phone was just for testing as I believed if it could work for it, it could do the same to external hard disk etc.

Waiting for your assistance desperately.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,309 Views)

Well I can not guarentee that you will be able to communicate with a third party device but MAX should install with LabVIEW. If you need MAX just go to our website and download any driver. MAX is universal so any driver will do. I recomend VISA because it somewhat relates to the device you are trying to interact with. The USB needs to first be detected in windows device manager and then it should show up in MAX. You will need to test it there to ensure that LabVIEW can interact with it. 

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,304 Views)

Thanks Ryan, will do it and come back with the feedback.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,301 Views)