From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multiple sensors together with linx

Hi guys,

i am a very beginner in with labview and linx and i want to build up a motor control via accelerometers. Therefore i would like to use two accelerometers together with arduino uno. Unfortunately i can only find instructions for the use of one mpu but no explaination for the use of multiple sensors/actors. Can you help me how i can build up this?

best regards,

Audnread

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,450 Views)

Hello Audnread, and Welcome!

Since I2C is a bus serial communication, you can just use multiple read and write nodes from linx in your VI.

Usually to help, we need a bit more information such: what are your requisites? are you using different i2c channels? do you know how to set up slaves adresses?

i will assume that:
you are using an arduino UNO, using only i2c channel 0, and different slave adresses (if not then you need multiplexing)
i do not have here 2 mpu 6050 (for example) for testing, but i do have a GY-80 that contains different slaves.
Also, i could use pre built VIs to initiate communication and read registers, but i opted not, in order to be very didactic.

i created a very simple VI for you. Please let the community know if that worked out for you.

here are the information on this gy-80 sensor board: https://www.nskelectronics.com/gy-80_-_multi_sensor_board.html

jorgemondadori_1-1621256842168.png

READ 2 I2C Addresses.png

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
Message 2 of 2
(1,392 Views)