Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linx executable for Arduino not working

hi

I created a simple blink program executable with linx for arduino uno but the standalone application isn't working. Does linx support standalone executable?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,609 Views)

Yes, LINX supports converting your code into a executable.

To understand your issue more details need to be provided as to what you are doing.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,597 Views)

If you mean headless then no, just for raspberry pi or beaglebone. 

But you can use arduino comunication to use a standalone VI executable.

Jorge Augusto Pessatto Mondadori, PhD
Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,580 Views)

hello,

what is arduino communication to use a standalone VI executable?

the standalone app I have build does not connect to arduino. when run via VI it works fine, it creates firmware and uploads to arduino. i think the standalone app does not connect,upload code to arduino. is this solvable?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,530 Views)

It sounds like you are not talking about running headless so yes.

I don't think you need to upload the firmware everytime.  Please explain what you are doing in more detail.  Provide your VI or screenshots of your code for reference.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,520 Views)

hi,

below is the block diagram of led blink program using linx for arduino.

4.jpg

When i run from the labview the program is working(led is blinking on arduino). But when i create standalone application it is not working.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,517 Views)

When you say: ". But when i create standalone application it is not working"

you mean without usb connection to arduino?

if you mean that, in fact it will not work. This does not compile a code to arduino.

Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,514 Views)

yes, i think when using VI from labview the code gets complied and uploaded to arduino. But when creating and using standalone app i think the code does not get uploaded.

So is there a way to get standalone app to work with arduino?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,510 Views)

The code is not compiled and uploaded, you will always need a serial connection to communicate the arduino and PC. If you need a headless application, i sugest using raspberry pi.

There is a compiler, however i have not tested.

https://www.vipm.io/package/tsxperts_aledyne_lib_arduino_compiler_for_labview/#:~:text=The%20Arduino....

Sistema Fiep
CLAD, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,499 Views)

What do you mean by standalone app?

1.  Do you mean an exe running on a PC connected to an Arduino?  This is possible.

2.  Do you mean you expect the Arduino to do something based on the LabVIEW VI without be being connected to a PC running a LabVIEW application?  This is not possible.  This is referred to as headless, no PC is connected to the Arduino.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,492 Views)