From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS7341 10 channel spectrometer I2C

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to get the communication to work between Labview, Arduino, and AS7341.

I am first trying to get the LED to light up as this would show me the communication is working fine.

However, currently, I am unable, this is my first project using an Arduino together with Labview 

the code is not optimized I wanted to see what is happening.

Something is going wrong but I am stuck at the moment. 

It seems I can write data over the I2C and read Data  and do not get any error messages

My code looks like this: 

StefPVMD_0-1643374004612.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StefPVMD

Hi,

You may need to set bit 4 (REG_BANK) of the CFG0 Register (Address 0xA9) before you write to registers in the range 0x60 to 0x74. You will need to clear bit 4 to access registers above 0x80. 

The value you are writing to the LED Register (Address 0x74) may be too high for the LEDs on your module. Perhaps try a value of 0x84?

Cheers,
Andy.

Message 2 of 3
(1,867 Views)

Hi Andy, thank you very much I greatly appreciate you taking your time to help me out, this solved the issue,
I overlooked it while going through the datasheet.
I also adjusted the led current to be sure and started from the lowest setting.
Now continuing with the project, I have eight of these sensors that I will control through a TCA9548A.
Getting the 8th LED's on now works.
If I get this to work, I will upgrade further if possibly to 64 pcs.

Best regards
Stefaan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,830 Views)