From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View VI in State Diagram error

The following error is popping up when trying to reverse engineer a VI. Any idea what could be wrong?

Error 1031 occurred at Open VI Reference in ReversedEngineering GetCaseStringConstants.vi:30001->ReversedEngineering GetDiagramStateMachineInfo.vi->StateDiagramGraph.lvclass:HandleRightClickMenuOption.vi->UMLEditor Main.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x407) VI Reference type does not match VI connector pane.

The type specifier and the target VI connector pane have at least one terminal that differs between being required or optional.

VI Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\UML\ReversedEngineering\ReversedEngineering GetCaseStringConstants.viOpen VI Reference in ReversedEngineering GetCaseStringConstants.vi:30001->ReversedEngineering GetDiagramStateMachineInfo.vi->StateDiagramGraph.lvclass:HandleRightClickMenuOption.vi->UMLEditor Main.vi<APPEND>
The type specifier and the target VI connector pane have at least one terminal that differs between being required or optional.

VI Path: <b>C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\UML\ReversedEngineering\ReversedEngineering GetCaseStringConstants.vi</b>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,685 Views)

I'll look into it.
Feel free to add the bug here:
https://github.com/opengds/OpenGDS/issues

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,646 Views)

I get same error.  Any update?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,359 Views)

Sorry, I've not had time to look at it yet...but I'll have a quick look now.
I'm currently just working on the LV2020 version, are you using previous version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,317 Views)

I just tested it in the LV2020 version on the Exmaple VI called: State Machine Fundamentals.vi and that worked fine.
Can you test that VI as well.

MikaelH_0-1610419615319.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,314 Views)

You can probably fix it by updating the VI ref connector pane.
In this VI:LabVIEW 20XX\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\UML\ReversedEngineering\ReversedEngineering GetCaseStringConstants.vi
As you can see this code was created before you could call your own SubVI recursively.

MikaelH_0-1610419820199.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,311 Views)