GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple inheritance with GOOP4

Multiple inheritance is probably interesting for GDS users. This is a relatively simple solution supplied with the toolkit.

https://azinterface.net/ 

So far, the toolkit is not as advanced as GDS but it covers most of the needs. Besides, it has a couple of small features that are absent in the current GDS versions.

I hope it will be useful and will gladly get feedback.

(1,140 Views)

Interesting toolkit, I get why some users like multiple inheritance but for now the OpenGDS will not support this, maybe in the future when more users need this funtionality

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(316 Views)

@Bas.v.E wrote:

Interesting toolkit, I get why some users like multiple inheritance but for now the OpenGDS will not support this, maybe in the future when more users need this funtionality

Yes, it is supposed to be interesting for those who works with most advanced architectures.

Support in OpenGDS could be convenient. But so far the AZ Multi-inheritance Toolkit can be used without any conflicts with OpenGDS. So the support is not an urgent thing.

(301 Views)

Which limitation is this toolkit overcoming? Inheriting from multiple classes? Does it improve inheriting from multiple interfaces?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(273 Views)

@Quiztus2 wrote:

Which limitation is this toolkit overcoming? Inheriting from multiple classes? Does it improve inheriting from multiple interfaces?

Yes it does. Interfaces cannot carry attributes. So, if you need an attribute common for classes inheriting from an interface, you have to implement this attribute in all sub-classes redundantly. And, of course, you have to implement redundant accessor-methods for this attribute.

Contrary to parent interfaces, parent classes allow the parent-level attributes. This is the basic difference.