FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexlogger Plugin - "Configure Session.vi" played twice?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm currently developing a plugin for FlexLogger. The plugin VI "Configure Session.vi" seems to be played twice in a row and this is causing me problems since I'm opening a connection to a device.

I've looked into the NI example and I can see the same behavior (mouse example).

Is this the desired behavior? Is there a way to avoid that?

The Plugin Development Kit Manual doesn't say anything about this.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
(1,708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vgravel

Thanks for the feedback. I believe older versions of the PDK/FlexLogger had this issue. I was just testing with the latest released version (PDK 1.3 and FlexLogger 2020 R4), and didn't have this problem with the Mouse plugin, so I would recommend upgrading to the latest version if possible. Did you verify that "Cleanup Session" was called for every "Configure Session"? If this is not the case, I would consider this a problem. If this is the case, I would hope your driver calls to the device can correctly cleanup so calling configure again would still work (you may need to add delays if the device can't configure/unconfigure too quickly). Hopefully upgrading to the latest version will work for you so you don't need to worry about extra configures being called too quickly.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 2 of 4
(1,668 Views)

Thanks Brad for your reply.
After updating to R4, the VIs are now running as expected.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,640 Views)

Glad it's working as you expect now. Thanks for checking on this issue and let us know if you have other questions or issues.

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,630 Views)