FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the fastest way to change IP addresses in a Project?

Hi folks,

I'm using a cFP2100 controller with LabVIEW 8.2.1.  I made a project using a configuration I created in MAX.  Now I've moved the whole bank of modules to a new location, and the controller now has a new IP address via DHCP.  My question is, what's the fastest way to update the IP address for my project?  Do I have to make a brand new project with a new .iak file that has the new IP address?  I'm thinking there's got to be an easier way.

Thanks!
Eric
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,004 Views)
Hi Eric,

Since you are getting your IP address from a DHCP server, the IP address of your Fieldpoint device is ultimately dependant on the server.  If your IP address changes, you have two choices.   You can right click your target and go to properties.  In the properties under the general category, you can change the IP address of the target.  The second option is to import a new IAK file into your project by right clicking the Project Name and going to import>>iak file. 

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,992 Views)
Thanks Nadim.  I tried importing a new IAK file by right-clicking the project name, then selecting Import>>Fieldpoint Configuration, but I got this warning:

"This project already contains one or more FieldPoint items in its configuration.  You must start with an empty project to import FieldPoint configuration."

Is there a way to import a new IAK file into an existing project?

Thanks,
Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,986 Views)
EDIT: Duplicate post removed

Message Edited by Johnnymysto on 08-10-2007 12:15 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,986 Views)
Hi Eric,

This error occurs if there is an .iak file already associated with a FieldPoint device in the project window.  To remedy this error, remove your target from the project and then import the new .iak file.  This requires some juggling, such as moving your vi files from the target onto the host for temporary purposes, unless you want to go ahead and find the VIs again on the harddrive and then place them onto the target.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(6,978 Views)