Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You don't have any notifications.

Hello Paula, it seems some problem still remains in the notification service!

I have received two notifications for this discussion dated back to 2005 🙄 Notifications arrived on Jul 01, 23:45 CET

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(432 Views)

Hi Roberto,

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

I have received two notifications for this discussion dated back to 2005 🙄 Notifications arrived on Jul 01, 23:45 CET

Sometimes there are SPAM messages that get deleted more or less quickly - but you still got the notification because of a "new answer"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(416 Views)

It's my turn now to get the "No notifications" page

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(376 Views)

I also just got hit by it again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(364 Views)

Wow, this is the first time I have seen this error be persistent.  In the past a refresh would fix the issue.  It has not cleared up in the last 2ish hours.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(359 Views)

I stumbled onto this feed because (as of about 2-3 days ago), I have been getting no notifications from either the Forums (someone posting on a topic with a comment from me) and also my Private Messages (I don't get that many, but one showed up but doesn't have a "red number" showing by the envelope when I log in and look in the upper-right corner by my Avatar and name.

I was readying a Post to the Moderator because I saw a post that looked like a Phish (an off-topic reply that seemed to have nothing to do with the topic, or with LabVIEW), decided not to send it, then a few minutes later, when I went looking for it again, found it had vanished.  And then my notifications died!

I'll give it a day or so.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(356 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Wow, this is the first time I have seen this error be persistent.  In the past a refresh would fix the issue.  It has not cleared up in the last 2ish hours.

It's not working for days now. Not even in a private window.

Didn't see your post either... At least I'm not alone.

We can't use the forum without notifications...

Message 17 of 26
(350 Views)

For me it worked fine yesterday, but today it is broken.

altenbach_0-1721223195552.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(339 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

It's not working for days now. Not even in a private window.

Didn't see your post either... At least I'm not alone.

We can't use the forum without notifications...

I'm quickly approaching 24 hours of notifications not working. I might actually have to dig to find something new.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(336 Views)

I don't enable notifications for any posts and only get notifications for kudos and marked solutions and that worked well for me.

In the early days, post notifications had significant performance issues for people like me that have a significant number of posts and I am not sure if that has improved, but I turned these off ever since.

For me it is sufficient to browse through the list of my recent posts and recent kudos given, etc.) to look for anything that is bold. (You might not want to know this, but sometimes I give kudos just to keep track of new activity in a certain thread 😮 )

A much earlier incarnation of the NI forum had an easy way to tell if I had participated in a thread, giving much better tools to find relevant existing discussions with new activity in any forum. Sadly, that has disappeared long ago!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(332 Views)