From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happend to [NEW]?

I noticed something this evening, and I'm betting it is related to a forum update that was scheduled today.

Looking at a board, I see there are message threads that have unread messages.  I Ctrl-click on them so they'll open in a new window and take me to the first new message.  At least it always worked that way before.  Tonight it takes me to the first message in the thread.  I browse through to the end and see that there are new messages added based on my memory of whether I've read them, and the time they were posted were after my last visit to the forum.  But those new messages aren't marked as [NEW}.

Any reason why the forum is acting correctly for knowing that a message thread has new messages in it, but once I get into it, it treats it like there are no new messages?

EDIT:  For message threads with multiple pages, it takes me to the page that would have the first new message, but to the top message on that page.  Not the first new message and none are marked new.

Message 1 of 26
(4,415 Views)

I noticed this last night.  It has happened to me sporadically in the past.  But it is quite consistent now.

Currently on an Android with Chrome.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,378 Views)

Hello guys,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We'll investigate this further and report back when we have more information.

Best Regards,
Karina Barles
NI Community Support

Message 3 of 26
(4,359 Views)

Add me to the list of those that noticed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(4,353 Views)

@karina.barles wrote:

Hello guys,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We'll investigate this further and report back when we have more information.

Best Regards,
Karina Barles
NI Community Support

When will this be fixed?

It is getting annoying fast.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,296 Views)

Ben wrote:

It is getting annoying fast.

"getting" is not the word I would have used.  It is VERY ANNOYING.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(4,291 Views)

Hello guys,

Thank you for following up. While we do not yet have an estimated date for this issue, we can assure you that our team is still tracking this issue.

We will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(4,284 Views)

@karina.barles wrote:

Hello guys,

Thank you for following up. While we do not yet have an estimated date for this issue, we can assure you that our team is still tracking this issue.

We will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

I literally Smiley LOL when I read that.

It is major use problem that affects those that are most active. Please lean on Lithium to fix it ASAP.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(4,273 Views)

Hi everyone,

The issue with not jumping to the newest post is fixed in an upcoming platform release. We're working to schedule this update as soon as possible. As for the missing "new" text, this issue is still being investigated.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,240 Views)

That's good to hear.  Not having it definitely makes it harder to find the new messages in the thread, the lack of jump even more so than the lack of the word New.

It makes me wonder how they manage to break things when there was nothing particular about the previous platform update that seemed like it would even touch something like the New designation and jump which has worked so well for so many year.

The system still knows what messages are "new" and even what page the first "new" message is on, but doesn't seem to finish the job of marking them and jumping to the message.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,232 Views)