Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User manuals not updated on NI site

Hello NI, LabWindows/CVI has been released a while ago and 2019 even earlier so why there are no manuals online? We currently have to limit ourselves to 2017

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hi Roberto,

for LabVIEW the latest help is for LV2018…

(Apart from NXG documentation.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 8
(2,357 Views)

Yeah, this is definitely a problem.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,353 Views)

I don't know the details of the LabWindows/CVI manuals. Were there really dramatic changes since 2017? Typically the language does not change that much.

Since somebody mentioned LabVIEW, I am sorry for also hijacking this thread and talk about LabVIEW for a moment:

It is a good idea to consolidate the LabVIEW online help into one version-agnostic online reference, but a few things need to happen:

• they should no longer mention a version directly (e.g. 2018 as they currently do)
  • Each help page needs to have footnotes on version specific changes and indicate the earliest version that has the described function. (e.g. maps and sets, 2019+)
  • Help pages for new features need to be added!!! (We still don't have online help pages for anything in the "collection" palette that I could find. Again e.g. Maps and Sets, introduced in LabVIEW 2019)
Message 4 of 8
(2,333 Views)

If they are updating the software enough to charge for upgrades the documentation update should be reflected.

If NI is going a different direction in terms of documentation delivery that should be signaled to the users.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,324 Views)

Thanks for the feedback. Look for an exciting announcement from NI in a few months about a brand new online documentation experience that will address many of these concerns. 🙂

In the meantime, newer versions of the help still ship with the product. Newer versions of the installed help are also attached to the online version.

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/

2021-06-25 10_01_03-LabVIEW 2018 Help - National Instruments.png

Angela L. 

Product Owner - Product Documentation

Message 6 of 8
(2,313 Views)

Hi Iagelian,

@lagelian wrote:

In the meantime, newer versions of the help still ship with the product. Newer versions of the installed help are also attached to the online version.

Well, that doesn't help when we would like to provide a link into related (LabVIEW) help articles when writing answers in the LabVIEW board…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,206 Views)

@GerdW  ha scritto:

Hi Iagelian,

@lagelian wrote:

Well, that doesn't help when we would like to provide a link into related (LabVIEW) help articles when writing answers in the LabVIEW board…

It's the same for me: I'd like to link an up-to-date version of the help when posting to the CVI board.

Of course I know that in my CVI 20xx installation the help is up to date! 😉

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,198 Views)