Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam postings

Hello,

There seems to be a spate of new accounts set up for the sole purpose of spamming the forums. It appears from the titles to be Indian based (+91 phone numbers in title) I haven't opened any of them, and especially in view of the recent widespread ransomware attacks won't.

The mods are pretty good at reacting to a message, even before the usa is awake, as a refresh of the messages a few minutes after seeing a spam message shows that it has been deleted, but perhaps it is time to force all new users to have their first one or two messages approved before they appear on the board, and blatent spammers have all their messages blackholed.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Rod.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,843 Views)

I have been marking the SPAM as I find them.  There are a few other veterans who can mark SPAM, helping the admins clear this out.

But screening a first post sounds a bit extreme.  But it might be worth looking into the authentication process again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,830 Views)

Good Morning,

We are working our best to identify all the SPAM and remove them from the boards ASAP. As crossrulz mentions, we have moderators assisting with the identification of this and removing it from the forum boards as well.

We consider that the authentication process for the first post once a user creates an account might not be the best approach at the moment.

We appreciate your feedback, we will make our best to maintain the these forum boards clean.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,801 Views)

I certainly appreciate the vigilance of those who monitor the forums, and who do a good job of keeping them clean. It is a rare event to see a spam message, and even rarer for it to stay visible for more than a few minutes. Long may you keep on top of those who try to spoil the forums, and make it an uninviting place for the spammers.

Rod.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,792 Views)