Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NI web page interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it just me or somebody else also think the new NI web page makes it practically impossible to use the forum on a tablet or a smartphone?

Ben64

Message 1 of 32
(6,674 Views)

Yup, it's bad in any device! (PC or phone). Needs to improve.

Message 2 of 32
(6,649 Views)

I think it's difficult to use on a traditional computer.  The header takes up 30% of my vertical viewable area and most pages are over 150% the size of my horizontal view area (when viewing anything but the root website).  The horizontal was an issue before but it's gotten worse, every single post in the forums with more than 1 short sentence causes me to have to scroll to see the full contents.  It seems the forums/community pages are not compatible with this website design.  It's a bad trend IMO, assuming everybody views websites full screen on large monitors.

Message 3 of 32
(6,624 Views)
Hmmm... I'm reading it now on my Android and the mobile format doesn't seem to have changed.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(6,605 Views)

the result is ugly and above all impractical.

A_1.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(6,588 Views)

It also requires more clicks to get to the forums. There is no drop down menu on Community so you have to click it to get to forums; before you could reach it directly from the drop down menu.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(6,564 Views)

I agree the header is a bit too big.  It could be about 1/2 the size it is now, or no more than 2/3.  The My Account and shopping cart icon is a bit large and too  prominent.

I hadn't noticed the footer.  It doesn't bother me because I don't scroll down that far on the page.  But it is a bit larger than it needs to be.  It should be about half that size and has excell "blue" space.

Message 7 of 32
(6,552 Views)

What really annoy me is that the header is always on top so when you zoom in it gets bigger and bigger and is taking a greater percentage of the display area.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(6,520 Views)

ouadji, the lower banner only shows when you reach the end of a thread, when there are more posts it will stay hidden.

P.S. Your chess game is awesome!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(6,496 Views)

ok, but as Nathan_B said ... "every single post in the forums with more than 1 short sentence causes me to have to scroll to see the full contents"

" Your  chess game is awesome!Smiley Wink   thank you gregory.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(6,465 Views)