Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Slowdown

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in the response on the forums over the past couple of days? I've gotten numerous timeouts and slow page loads and have even seen the progress bar. I'm not seeing this slowdown on other web sites, just forums.ni.com.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 67
(9,049 Views)
I've timed out a few times today alone
Message 2 of 67
(9,046 Views)
Yeah, I've lost a couple of replies when I got that progress bar after clicking the Submit button, and had to re-enter them. Smiley Mad
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 67
(9,044 Views)

Yes.  I've seen a grey, spiral like progress bar.  Also, a few times trying to do a refresh caused it to pop up with a dialog box asking to resend the information.

(I've seen this dialog box many times when you try to back up a page while filling out online forms.  I've always wondered why they ask that.  Of course I want the information resent, if I didn't want to see the page, I wouldn't have clicked the Back button!)

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-22-2008 11:28 AM
Message 4 of 67
(9,042 Views)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I'll monitor the situation and report it as necessary.

Thanks,
Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments
Message 5 of 67
(9,025 Views)

I got into the habit of shutting off teh Privacy Protection and Spyware options in my virus protection software. Shutting down both of these options seems to make a diffenrence to me.

I have NOT noticed a slow down running under those conditions.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 67
(9,022 Views)

Ben wrote:

I got into the habit of shutting off teh Privacy Protection and Spyware options in my virus protection software. Shutting down both of these options seems to make a diffenrence to me.

I don't run spyware and privacy options, except what is built into IE7. I have never encountered any slowdown, except in the last days. Yes, I got the grey bar a few times (sorry, no screenshot. Looks like a Barbershop pole, but is horizontal and colored in different shades of grey). My guess is that one of the back-end servers is acting up.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 67
(9,018 Views)
Hi Everyone,

Would you say this issue has cleared up?  Our monitoring software seems to show that it has, but I'd like your perspective.

Thanks!
Laura
Message 8 of 67
(8,964 Views)
Yes, smooth sailing for me in the recent past. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 67
(8,961 Views)
Definitely improved. No more lost replies. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 67
(8,957 Views)