Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One problem and one question regarding migration

Problem: My forum profile is Sam_Sharp and after the migration it looks like all of my NI Community posts have been made under 'samsharp99' - can these two profiles be merged (with my forum profile being the 'correct' one)? I couldn't see any way to to contact someone directly for support.

Question: How do I find all *my* documents/drafts? (Maybe this is related to the above and I just can't see them because they are under a different profile). Still - a point in the right direction would be helpful.

As far as feedback goes - really not a fan unfortunately. I liked the layout of the new forums and it needed a refresh but everything is still too 'big' and full of whitespace on desktops and trying to find all of the nice groups/examples/sample code seems to be really well hidden away. I also think that the 'comments' on documents should have much less priority/focus than the main article.

Also, a whole bunch of Google searches I use to find stuff no longer work - there's a lot of broken links out there.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 1 of 10
(3,407 Views)
Hi Sam,
Thank you for bringing the duplicate profiles to our attention. We are currently have an open ticket with Lithium on merging the two accounts together. 

If you are looking for personal documents and drafts, they were did not get migrated over.  I have included the Change to Community Functionality section for documents and the link to reference. 
Documents

How does the migration affect documents?

• Documents do not exist within user groups. Documents will be found in their respective areas such as Example Programs, Reference Designs, Sample Exercises, etc.
  • For documents that previously existed within a user group, the documents will be migrated over and converted to topics within the user group.
  • For documents that were not located within groups and that were not categorized, the documents will be moved them to an "Additional Documents" category within the community.
  • There will be templates available to chose from when creating a new document.
  • Saved drafts for documents are visible to any community user within the Documents Dashboard.
  • Published documents can be edited and collaborated on by any community user.
    • There are options to restrict edits (anyone can edit but only the author can publish changes) or block edits (only the author can edit and publish changes) on documents.
  • Some categories will require special permissions for creating or editing documents.
  • Documents can have pre-defined labels added to act as a type of sub-categorization.
  • Tags can be added after a document has been published.
  • Documents being migrated over will display the original publish date but not the last edited date.
    • The last edited date will update once a document is edited post-migration.
  • The version history available for a document will start with the most recently published version. Versions from before the migration will no longer be available.
  • Personal documents and drafts will not be migrated over.

You mentioned Google searches to find information no longer work. Can you please give me some example of broken links? I would like to investigate a little further.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the layout. Our team will take your feedback into consideration as they continue to improve the community experience. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,364 Views)

Hi Sam,

I wanted to clarify my statement. The regular documents that you contributed to were migrated over. You will be able to find them on your user profile however, there is a bug preventing it right now. There is an open ticket to get this issue resolved. You can find the issue listed in Known Issues with Migration post. I have also included the link in case you are interested in the known issues.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Community/Known-Issues-with-Migration/td-p/3545593

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,345 Views)
When is it likely to be that my profile will get merged? At the moment I cannot view/modify/edit any of the documents under the wrong profile (samsharp99).

I was working on a draft document (Reference Serial Architectures) before the migration - is it possible to get a copy of this so I can continue and publish it - I had spent quite a long time on it and to be honest, if it's lost for good then I probably won't bother.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,316 Views)

Hi Sam,

Sorry, we don't have an update on merging the profiles yet. However, you should be able to edit any of the documents created under the other account. Do you mean that you can't find them by the username due to the bug that Kristi mentioned above?

As for your draft, I will send you a private message with a link for you to download the draft.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,312 Views)

Hi Sam,

We have received an update regarding the merge of both accounts. Due to both accounts existing before the migration, the newer account samsharp99 was used when the forum merge occurred and for user group community accounts. Unfortunately, there is not a way to merge the second account Sam_Sharp you are using with samsharp99.

Are you still having issues editing your documents?

Best Regards,

Kristi Maritnez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,233 Views)
But I never had samsharp99 as a forum profile - samsharp99 was my NI Community profile and is otherwise unused. Sam_Sharp is my forum profile and I wish for it to remain under this. I want to see all of my documents/submissions under my current & active NI login.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,167 Views)

Hi Sam,

I apologize for the delay.  The best option available since we can't merge the two profiles is add Sam_Sharp as a contributor to the documents you want see from samsharp99.  If you want to go with this option, I can help add Sam_Sharp to your documents.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,140 Views)
Hi, that would help. Please go ahead.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,132 Views)

Hi Sam,

I have added you as the contributor to all samsharp99 documents.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,127 Views)