Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New auto-logout? Anyone else?

Solved!
Go to solution

Lithium is going to adjust a configuration on the backend during the next maintenance window (very late tonight) to see if that helps things.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 122
(4,346 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author altenbach
The backend configuration has been completed. Please let us know if things are better today and over the weekend.

Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 122
(4,326 Views)

Thanks. No problems today so far. I'll keep watching.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 122
(4,326 Views)

I intentionally left my browser on the LabVIEW page in logged in but not refreshing state overnight.  That seemed to be one of the combinations which sometimes produced strange results.

This morning a manual refresh showed me logged out. Clicking the login link got me logged back in.  Nothing unusual happened as I went through my typical moring routine.

So based on one datapoint, things may be better and certainly are not worse.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 122
(4,297 Views)

The past few days this has returned.

I have my browser set to refresh every 500 seconds = 8.33 minutes. After several hours and certainly overnight I find that I have been logged out. Sometimes my username and avatar still show in the bar at the top of the page and sometimes it shows the login prompt. I scroll down to find the oldest new unread message (that is, I scroll to the last read message and start above it) and discover that messages I know I have read (such as ones I authored) are shown as bold. Then I need to login again.

I am not sure exactly when it started but it has been since the recent changes. I do not recall noticing this right as the changes started but there were so many issues then that it could have been there and I just did not notice. Most likely it has been a few days later.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 122
(3,263 Views)

Lynn -- when this occurs, are you still logged into ni.com?

login.png

Is anyone else seeing this issue lately?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 122
(3,239 Views)

Lili,

It happened again Monday morning.  I will check the ni.com login the next time it occurs.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 122
(3,225 Views)
Just happened on mobile. I was logged into the forum 10mins ago, refreshed the page and found myself logged out. AFAIK, I was still logged into NI
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 122
(3,215 Views)

I came to my work PC and I was logged into NI but logged out of the forum. I expect them to be synchronized.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 122
(3,210 Views)

If you're experiencing the log-out issue, please clear the cookies in your browser and report back if this happens again and note when this all occurred. If you don't clear your cookies, I wouldn't expect this test to work properly.

As for the log in to ni.com and the forums, this has always been the case -- but no, it is not ideal. It it something that will be worked on in the future. This was recently brought up here as well: Double login needed?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 122
(3,201 Views)