cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New auto-logout? Anyone else?

Solved!
Go to solution

Lili,

I was out of town on Wednesday and when I got back I was logged out of the Forums but not ni.com. This occurred during a period of about 24 hours with the browser refreshing every 500 seconds.  I will clear the cookies and keep watcing.

Lynn

Login.png

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 122
(2,498 Views)

I did clear the cookies sometime after my last post in this thread (near the end of August). For a while everything seemed OK. Sometime over the last weekend it started logging me out again. I have not been very active on the Forums this week but it has logged me out at least three times. I still appear to be logged in to the Community when it happens.  

Safari 10.0, Mac OS X 10.11.6.  Auto refresh every 500 seconds.

Autorefresh on other sites continued to work fine through this period.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 122
(2,330 Views)

Thanks for the update. I'll escalate this to Lithium Support to see if they can provide any insight.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 122
(2,324 Views)

While we are further exploring log-outs.

This morning I observed:

A) opened my Browser from my laptop (Home page is my profile) I was automatically logged in - expected

B While posting a reply to Sam's thread AND, of course being logged-in, I opened my link to my profile page from the short-cut on my phone.  This "Always" logs me in, except this morning!  Granted, I was attempting simultaineous loggins from different devices one "Full" one "Mobile" I don't know if that affected anything and, 1 click did log me in on both devices no problem.

Just a data point.

Going back to the original post.  Really Christain, did you honestly observe that yourself or was it reported to you?  You chose sleeping for a night over forum participation? I can hardly belive it!Smiley Very Happy 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 122
(2,300 Views)

I got logged out overnight. Now I suppose I need to check to see if Jeff's activity occurs just when my screen refresh happens and that logs me off!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 122
(2,297 Views)

Hi Lynn,

We believe this issue may be resolved.

Please keep an eye out and let us know if it pops up again.

Thank you!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 122
(2,267 Views)

Matt,

It logged me out today between 10:44 AM and 2:44 PM. The browser was refreshing the page (LabVIEW Forum) every 500 seconds.

I was also logged out over the weekend but that may have overlapped with whatever they did to attempt to resolve the issue. 

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 122
(2,241 Views)
Thanks for the update, Lynn. We can relay this back to Lithium to see if they have another solution.
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 122
(2,237 Views)

Again this evening between 5:55 PM and 7:25 PM Eastern time.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 122
(2,227 Views)

Logged out again on October 20. Between noon and 9 PM.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 122
(2,219 Views)