Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just what is that three-block bar thing?

I give up. Just what is that little orange bar that appears next to everyone's name? I've figured out that developers or moderators seem to have blue bars instead of orange ones, but the meaning of the three different shades eludes me.

(And more importantly, why is this piece of information not in the Help FAQ?)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,356 Views)
Blue bars are NI people

Every part stands for a different rating (not sure about the order):
#posts
#answers
rating

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 2 of 8
(6,351 Views)

Here's my understanding of their specific meaning...I remember asking about this when I first got active in the forums, and I was directed to another post (not one I could find from searching)...maybe this one will be easier to find... 🙂

The first bar is message ratings.  Nothing for an average rating below 4.0, "Trusted" for an average between 4.0 and 4.5, and "Proven" for an average between 4.5 and 5.0.

The second bar is number of replies.  Nothing for less than 50 or 100 or so, "Active" for anything between 50/100 and 2000, and "Enthusiastic" for more than 2000 replies.  To my knowledge, there are only 5 members in the entire forum community who qualify as "Enthusiastic".

The third bar is number of logins.  I think it's "Member" for less than 50 or so, "Regular" for between 50 and 250 logins, and "Veteran" for more than 250 logins.

If anybody can confirm/correct my guesses on those last two, feel free. 

-D

Message 3 of 8
(6,348 Views)
Ahh, three bars, three words! I did not make this connection.

(Considering how ubiquitous those three bars are, I really am surprised that clues to their meaning aren't more prominent.)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,339 Views)

@Darren wrote:

I haven't checked it recently, but the "Active" status was achieved at 200 posts. I don't suppose that was changed. Don't know about the limit for becoming a regular, though.

P.S. It is true that at the moment there are only five enthusiasts, but if you can trick Greg into posting just a few more replies...

(not to mention the others storming towards that line)

Darren wrote:

-D

Hi here,

According to my little experience right here, I can say that ym guesses match yours (by the way my stats confirm such a thing)

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,306 Views)

tst,

Did you doctor that image?

I still show him at 1980.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/view_profile?user.id=13004

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,267 Views)

a) I did say "if" and
b) If you add the started threads it's 1994 and that's only 6 posts away.

BTW, I believe Ray Farmer will be our next enthusiast (unless JLV decides to make a run for it Smiley Wink ).

(6,254 Views)