From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange for Forums

I know a poll (or survey) I want created (see comment #33). This should be a good gage of community sentiment about what concessions users would be willing to make in order to have a free home-use LabVIEW license. This poll (or survey, if you will) needs to have each item with a "ranking" from 1 to 5 (not your vanilla poll where you just have one radio selection of the multiple items). Basically, each of the 22 items listed should be ranked between 1 'Yeah, I don't mind that at all' to 5 'That would be absolutely terrible, a deal-breaker, and I would not even want a Personal edition if this string was attached'.

The results should show at least the mean value of users' rank for that concession, or even better, how many users voted for each rank level (like IMDB)

1. Are these types of polls (surveys) possible?
  2. Todd, would you give the green light on this poll? Is NI interested in this feedback?
Message 11 of 26
(3,892 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

Ben wrote:

When deciding to go with Lithium, I was told that there was the option to let the frequent-flyers conduct our own polls.

Could you please turn that option on for everyone that has 1000 post or more?

Thank you,

Ben

Ben - What did you want to create a poll about?  I am happy to create a poll if action can be taken on the results of the poll.  I noticed that the Remove the "No Error" from the Error Cluster was posted to the Idea Exchange. For that particular poll idea, I think the idea exchange is the best place to find out how many users like the idea.

Thanks,

Laura

Questions that do not involve NI R&D.

Changes to the LV standard is one example. THe existing standards were writtein by LV users years ago and have been interpretted as being written in stone.

Now that we have a strong group of developers that REALLY know what it is like to to be a LV user, I think we should revisit the standards as issues with the standrad bubble to the top.

So these are not NI R&D issues anymore than prefences for speach patterns ("I am 52 years old" vs "fifty and two years I am") are not an issue fro MS to address.

The Idea Exchange is OK for getting free idea from the customers but can hardly determine if there is a preference between two options, so wrong tool.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 12 of 26
(3,884 Views)

Thanks for the clarification Ben, that helps a lot.

Jack - I will talk to Todd and get back with you.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(3,873 Views)

Laura,

I wanted to do some edits in the NI Idea Exchange to one of my Posted TestStand Ideas but looking at the help it appears that this is not available. Is this correct.

If this is so, how did Josh appear to have editted an post?

Edit in NI Ideas.PNG

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(3,854 Views)
Edits in the exchange are time-limited, just like in the rest of the forums.

You can use the reporting functionality to ask the moderator to edit the text for you.

(3,847 Views)

Hi tst,

I couldn't find where to actually select the edit option and I was looking at the various controls in the same sort of time frame as I would have had in the forums. ie Read posted text, spotted error, select Options | Edit.....etc expect I could find an edit option.

regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(3,851 Views)

Edit_Post.PNG

First option under "Options" provided the timeout has not expired.

Cut and paste you edit before posting it just to makes sure the T.O. doesn't expire before you post the change.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(3,846 Views)

ok, must have spent more time looking for the option than I realised.Smiley Sad

Regard

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(3,839 Views)

ok I found the option with the Edit in.

It wasn't in the Options above my posted comment but in the Options, which looked like it was with the Post Coment box ie below my posted comment, how confusing!

This one.PNG

regards

Ray

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-15-2010 09:24 PM
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(3,817 Views)

Ray, I agree - the placement is confusing.  After the upgrade the Options menu will be on the upper right corner of your comment, just like in a forum message so it will be easier to spot.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 20 of 26
(3,805 Views)