From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview error 1026, please help?

Hello,

I have installed Labview 2012 and FTC Tool kit on a MacBook Air. Labview Launcehes fine, but when I want to create a new peogram, it gives me this erros window:

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 1.54.22 PM.png

Error 1026: VI Reference is invalid.

Source: Invoke Node in launch RPC.vi->create new robot.vi->NewProgram.vi-

And that is all I can do. I can not do anything else. I already erased Labview and installed it again, but no luck. Is there an uninstall exe, that I should try? Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,683 Views)

Hi. What is the operating system version?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,731 Views)

I am running OS 10.10 Yosemite

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,731 Views)

Do you have a VI at the path "<LabVIEW>/Targets/NI/NXT/NXTToolkit/Robot Control Center/handler.vi"?

You can try deleting the folder <LabVIEW>/Targets and re-running the installer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,731 Views)

Yes, I do have that VI: LabVIEW>/Targets/NI/NXT/NXTToolkit/Robot Control Center/handler.vi

Delete just the targets folder and reinstall LabView or the Tool Kit?

I think something is sticking in the preferences or in the system......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,731 Views)

Hi 9419,

I think the problem is probably originating from the user permissions on the machine you're using. Is it a shared machine, and is the current user an administrator on the machine?

I am not able to attach files here, so I created a forum post to attach an empty project: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/Empty-Robot-Project-for-users-who-are-on-Mac...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,731 Views)

Thank you very much for your help! I am an administrator on this machine. Is there something that I should do to have it work? I will try the file you sent me too... Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,731 Views)