FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number for Installation of LABView 2018

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, i have, actually i contact NI Brazil and they are working with NI US to solve my problem soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(4,346 Views)

In past seasons, I've seen teams uninstall the prior season's software and install the new season.  When you do this, the activation dialogue will provide you with a SN.  This is the SN from the last time you activated (last season).  You need to replace that SN with the one that came in this season's Kit of Parts.

If you've done this, definitely give the NI FIRST support line a call to take a look.  If you haven't, this is the easiest way to resolve the issue many teams run into each season.  The number will change each year.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(4,341 Views)

Actually, my computer is a new one, i've downloaded Labview 2018 and the Update Suite and when they've asked for serial number, i put the one that cames from 2018 KoP DVD and haven't worked

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(4,337 Views)

Hey team5430,

Please follow up with Phil Smith, as I've followed up with him by email. If you have further questions feel free to call us during the build season at 866-511-6285 1:00-7:00 PM CST Monday - Friday.

JY
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(4,312 Views)

We are having the same problem with Team 606.  I spoke with April a little while ago- she informed me that my 2018 installation disk may have an already expired S/N.  She is working to get a valid S/N to us.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(4,305 Views)

April at NI support provided a new S/N for my installation disk and the software activated successfully.

Good luck to you all and have a great season!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(4,299 Views)

For FRC robotics, you received a cardboard envelope in your kit of parts. On the front of the envelope it says "NI Software for FRC" with a yellow sticker "2018". Technically it is Labview 2017, but after you install LabView you need to download and install the New FRC Labview 2018 update. But the direct answer to your question is the serial number is located on the back of the envelope on the bar code sticker, and in the envelope on another piece of paper.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(4,295 Views)

Thanks for your reply Team5430.  We are aware of the S/N on the package and card.  However, when installing the software with the S/N as marked, Labvie would not activate.  After speaking with April it was determined that the S/N shipped with our disc was expired.  This may be the case with a limited number of discs shipped with kits.  The solution is to obtain a new S/N from National Instruments for activation.  We received the new S/N by email and our software is now fully activated.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(4,289 Views)

Glad to hear it. good luck this year

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(4,285 Views)

como es el tramite

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(3,970 Views)