Example Code

RCF Plugin - Open Typedef Wire

Code and Documents

Attachment

Download All

Introduction

This plugin was created in response to the Idea suggested here to allow the opening of a typedef directly from a wire.  If one or more selected wires have an associated typedef, then this plugin will open them.

Comments or enhancements are welcome!

Steps to Complete

Unzip the folder into the <LabVIEW>\resource\JKI\RCF\Plugins\  folder and restart the framework.

Additional Notes

Version 1.0.0

Created with LabVIEW 2009.

2010-06-17: Added code for 8.6

Open Typedef Wire.png

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Jim_Kring
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Cool RCF plugin!  We've "plugged" it on the JKI Blog here : http://blog.jkisoft.com/labs/right-click-framework/new-rcf-plugin-open-typedef-wire/

jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

This only works for me if I put it in my Development Source directory.  Any idea why?  It works nicely from there, though.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

GregSands
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

It works ok in both places for me.  I did discover that I needed to put the <VI:OwningApp> property in to set the correct Application Context to open the Typedef (because the installed plugins run in JKI.LV.Extensions) but I may not have set this up correctly - any ideas?

jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

The "Insert Selected Nodes between two Nodes" plugin was causing an error that kept your plugin from working.  I removed that one, re-started the RCF and Bob is now my uncle.

I apologize for casting aspersions upon your plugin.  It is all it should be, and more.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

crossrulz
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

I had the same problem with the "Insert Selected Nodes between two Nodes"  plugin causing an error.  Has anybody looked into this yet?

Greg, you might want to backsave to 8.6 so more people can use this cool plugin (I did it on my computer).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Contributors