From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build errors on 9068

I'm consistently receiving the following error when trying to build for a 9068

"Error 42 occurred at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\NI\Module Timing Source\scan engine timing source\get remaining time budget.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Generic error."

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,519 Views)

To close the loop for others on the community, this issue was discussed and resolved on GitHub here.

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/timing/issues/8

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,494 Views)

Burt,

I'm getting this issue now when building. (Only on 9068, it builds fine on 9038)

A VI broke during the build process from being saved without a block diagram. 
Either open the build specification to include the block diagram of that VI or enable debugging to include the block diagrams of all VIs in the build.
Report this error to National Instruments technical support. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\NI\Tag Bus Module Framework\runtime\init wrapper.vi

Any chance that you can reproduce this attempting to build for a 9068 in labview 2016?

thanks!

mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,297 Views)

Is it possible that building the project for 9038 would save the VI Lib stuff in a way that is causing the 9068 to fail?
I was able to build for 9068 once on a VM and I built the 9038 on my machine. At the moment, I can't get to that VM so I'm building the 9068 project on my desktop and its failing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,296 Views)

Ok... I recompiled the entire vi.lib/NI directory and that got it to build...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,294 Views)

Let us know if you happen to figure out the root cause or steps to reproduce.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,285 Views)