Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table API Documentation?

Do you have any documents on using the Table API? Specifically, I'm trying to create a custom column for a ring control. I'm getting stuck understanding how to use the API.

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,318 Views)

We are working on the documentation for the table. Are there any specific questions that you have?

In this case you will need to create a new column type for your new column that inherits from Column.lvclass ( C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\NI\DCAF\Tag Editor Core\Table API\Column\Column.lvclass. )

And then you can add it to the Define Columns VI using the Define Custom Column.vi (This one is not on the pallet, we plan to add it once we have documentation to create Custom Columns).

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\NI\DCAF\Tag Editor Core\Table API\Column\Define Custom Column.vi

In this case the behavior of the Ring should be like the ENUM one you could probably use this one as a base. Still some VIs will need to be updated to work with the ring rather with an ENUM. 

Also, you will need to pass the reference to the ring into the define columns VI.

I also added an Issue to GitHub to get this added to the table in the future. 

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/TagEditorCore/issues/299

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,309 Views)

Thank you Benji!

So far, most of that is clear to me.

I'm stuck at getting the ring ref in. I see that there is an Enum Ref slot in the Column Descriptor CTL. I was expecting something like a generic control ref. What is the expected method for getting a custom control ref into the column definition for the custom column?

It's cool to get RIng into the core of the api, however, I'm hoping to understand how to make a generic custom column so that I can make other custom columns in the future. 🙂

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,273 Views)

Do you maybe have an example of a custom column?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,272 Views)

I don't have an example at the moment but probably can get one after NI Week.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,182 Views)