DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing special ASCII file

Hi guys,

I have measurement files as ASCII (an example file is attached). It contains 138 lines as header, which I am not interested in, then 3 data channels, x, y, and z, and a timestamp in the form hh:mm:ss dd:mm:yy. This timestamp appears every 41 lines.

Now I want to have a continuous time channel and three x-, y-, z-channels. Using Plugin-assistant I could import the three data channels correctly but time channels not.

Any ideas for how to get around it and generate the right time channel using Plugin-assistant or script?

I am grateful for any help

Milad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,599 Views)

Hello Milad,

You can request a free DataPlugin from NI through this link:

DataPlugin request

Please provide the requested information through that link and you'll get a custom DataPlugin for this data format created.

The time channel you have is not really ideal for the ASCII wizard ...

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,582 Views)

Thank you Otmar! Still, I would like to do it myself. Can I find somewhere instructions how to write or edit a plugin?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,132 Views)

Hi Milad_A,

Are your data channels aquired at a constant sampling period?  If so, you can have the DataPlugin declare you channels as waveform channels and/or create an implicit date/time channel.  Are there data values in between the datetime values 41 rows apart?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,118 Views)

@Milad_A wrote:

Thank you Otmar! Still, I would like to do it myself. Can I find somewhere instructions how to write or edit a plugin?

Hello Milad,

The "manual" (in form of a help file) can be found here: http://www.ni.com/example/29822/en/

Best regards,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,115 Views)