From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 2019 - MATLAB DataPlugin

I have been unable to get the MATLAB DataPlugin to work since upgrading to DIAdem 2019.  I have tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling.  When I try to load a .mat file it doesn't recognize the file format and says there is no DataPlugin assigned to this file extension.  I know that it is not the file as this file was loaded in DIAdem 2017 with the MATLAB DataPlugin.  Has anyone had success with this DataPlugin in DIAdem 2019?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,089 Views)

Hi JSal85,

I am able to load *.mat files in DIAdem 2019, but perhaps there's something in your particular *.mat file that is stumbling over some change in DIAdem that I'm unaware of.  Care to post *.mat files that fail to load in DIAdem 2019?  Or you could email them to brad.turpin@ni.com.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,021 Views)

Brad_Turpin,

Thanks for the feedback.  Its possible IT is blocking some part of the install.  I will check with them and reply when I get more details.

Jesson

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,999 Views)

I tried reinstalling the plugin with full admin privileges and I still can't load MATLAB files.  DIAdem still does not recognize the file type.  I have attached screenshots of the error as well as a sample file. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,980 Views)

Hi Jesson,

I can read the *.mat file you sent into the Data Portal of DIAdem 2019 by just dragging it in from the NAVIGATOR or Windows Explorer.

Do these values look right to you?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,943 Views)

Yes that looks correct.  I suspect an issue with the install as DIAdem doesn't recognize the file extension when I try to load the data.  Is there something I can check to see that the plugin installed correctly?  A folder that should contain the correct file or something?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,926 Views)

Hello JSal,

Can you please go to the following menu and call up the DataFinder - DataPlugin screen shown below:

You get there by selecting the "Settings > My DataFinder > Configure ..." item in the menu and then clicking on the "DataPlugins" tab.

DataFinder.png

Please check to see if the Matlab DataPlugin shows up in there and if it's activated (checkbox in front of the name is checked).

Feel free to post a screenshot so we can see what's available and go from there.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,916 Views)

Yes, the MATLAB DataPlugin is present and checked.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,908 Views)

Can you go to the next TAB in the same dialog called "File Extensions" and show us what's happening with *.MAT files in that dialog please (scroll down to the *.mat extension in the "index-able extensions" segment?

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,890 Views)

Hey JSal85,

Are you trying to load the *.mat file by dragging it from the NAVIGATOR tree view or from a Windows Explorer, or are you loading it from the NAVIGATOR "Load Data File" dialog?  In the former case, are you dragging it from a Search Area or from a folder under the "My Computer" node?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,881 Views)