DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D graph - Standard deviation

Dear sirs,

First of all I am new diadem program.

I need to know how Is there is any script to issue a 3D graph? I want to make many 3D graph and each one contain of about 500 siganls inside

Please advice in details and let me know if you need any other inforamtion.

Kind regards,

Mohamed Farouk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,102 Views)

Hi Mohamed,

Graphs in DIAdem are usually defined interactively, saved to a *.TDR layout file, then loaded programmatically to make your report each time.  Let's start with the type of 3D graph you're interested in.  You say you have 500 signals-- do you want to plot those on a waterfall graph, or as a mesh surface, or as a top-down intensity plot, or what?

Can you post a sample data set?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,079 Views)

Dear Brad,

Enclosed you will find a word file named (example). I want to show some 3D graphs like these ones showed in this word file. What is appear in this graph hundreds of signals in one 3D graph.

The way i want to show my 3D graph is (spikes) but I am quite sure that there is a way to insert 3D axis definition by script not manually each time.

I want to make about 20 to 25 of this 3D graph !

Diadem file is so big to attach it.

If you need any other information , please let me know.

Kind regards,

Mohamed Farouk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,066 Views)

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for the picture, it's now clear what you want to achieve, and DIAdem should be able to make that type of 3D graph for you.  DIAdem does require an X channel and a Y channel in addition to your 500 Z channels in order to make a 3D graph, so you will need to create those each time.  They can be created automatically, either in the importing routine or after the data is loaded into DIAdem.

What file format are you loading into DIAdem?  You can post an example file to ftp.ni.com/incoming even if it's huge, and then I could help you automatically create those 3D graphs.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,045 Views)

Dear Brat,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know that for 3D graph , I have to issue X channel and Y channel.

The file I have sent to you with 453 index each index contain 12 signal i want to show on 3D graph.

I want to issue 453 Channel for X-axis named as follow : H(1) till H(453) , each of length 2000

The channel for the Y-axis will be Time and it will be only one with length 2000 and waveform x-step 5E-05 (total time = 0.1)

These graphs have that have to be issued on 3D graph as follow :

Mean F (Separte 3D graph)

Standard Dev F (Separte 3D graph)

Mean T (Separte 3D graph)

Standard Dev F (Separte 3D graph)

Mean P (Separte 3D graph)

Standard Dev P (Separte 3D graph)

Mean RMS (Separte 3D graph)

Standard Dev RMS (Separte 3D graph)

So, Eight 3D graphs have to bs issused.

Then,
I want to issue 453 Channel for X-axis as follow : H(1) till H(453) , each of length 4750

I want to make one 3D graph in which : X-axis named from H(1) till H(453) and Y-axis will be Mean AmplitudePeak and Z-axis will be Mean Frequency (Separte 3D graph).

I will not need the :  Standard Dev Peak & Standard Dev Frequency
I want to show all the 3D graph to be showed on increasing values

The File that I have sent to you is in correct sequence, so index (1) is for H(1) and index (453) is for H(453)

You will find the file on ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/Total.rar

Kind regards,
Mohamed Farouk

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,027 Views)

Hi Mohamed,

I created a layout and a script that builds the eight 3D graphs you requested.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,016 Views)

Hi Brat,

Thank you very much for your kind help which i really appreciate.

Can you please  let me know about this point of my previous message :

"I want to issue 453 Channel for Y-axis as follow : Index(1) till Index(453) which is INDEX as you do it in the last 3D graphs you have sent to me, each of length 4750

I want to make one 3D graph in which :Y-axis named from Index(1) till Index(453) and Z-axis will be Mean AmplitudePeak and X-axis will be Mean Frequency (Separte 3D graph)

Just a question , Is the script and the graph that you already sent to me will work with all the data I will have either the length of the channel is different ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,

Mohamed Farouk

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,990 Views)

Hi Mohamed,

The solution I sent you will not mind if the channel length changes on your measured values.  Here's an updated version that will enable you to pick a different channel instead of the Time values in the waveform data.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,980 Views)