From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diadem gdi error

DIAdem 2012. 

I am trying to export a report to .jpg but receive the following error after about 5 min of it attempting to save.  I watched the memory usage of DIAdem and saw it jump dramatically when it executed this command.  The memory railed at 1.8 Gb.  I have more than enough RAM in the system, there are several Gb unused at this point.   When Ii reduce the amount of data being plotted, the .jpg export works fine.  Any thoughts?  Is this a known problem or ideas of how to work around?  Thanks

Callreport.Sheets("Pinson_Plot").ExportToImage(DEFAULT_DATA_DIRECTORY & "Pinson_Plot_" & left(Selected_Channel_Group_Name,8) & right(Selected_Channel_Group_Name,7) & ".jpg",eImageExportTypeJPG)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,275 Views)

Hi Jason,

All DIAdem versions (this century) up to and including DIAdem 2012 have been a 32bit application.  This limits the amount of RAM the operating system will allocate to DIAdem and all its child processes to 2 GB (2^31 bytes).  I suspect that the 1.8 GB maximum value you saw is the visible portion of that memory.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,239 Views)