DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib dll is missing

I am trying to use DASYLab 11 to read a HP3457A. I am using a GPIB-USB-HS interface, windows 7 and a 64 bit laptop. I can communicate with the instrument using NiDAQmx communicator but when I try to run a simple program with just the IEEE-488 input or output module in DASYLab I get a "The National Windows DLL, GPIB.DLL, is missing" error. Beyond that, I am not sure how to set up the module and it would be helpful if I could see some examples but I couldn't find any. I have tried installing 2017 device drivers and DASYLab, I checked ni for IEEE devices. is this a registry issue? is there a download that I need. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,016 Views)

It's an error in the program's search path. 

Look in your Windows folders for the NI GPIB dll -- copy it to the DASYLab program folder.

The file should be NIGPIB32.dll 

That should solve the path problem. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 5
(4,986 Views)

that fixed it, I am able to communicate. I am looking for some examples to use the Input and Output modules more effectively. I am using a HP3457A Multimeter. can you point me to some. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,910 Views)

I'm glad that worked. 

Attached are some examples. I don't have a specific one for your device. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,908 Views)

that gives me something to start with, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,888 Views)