From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration date overdue warning

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I looking to add a warning to the operator when sensor calibration is overdue or/and the number of days left until that date.

Therefore, I’m looking to compare the current date with a pre-defined date and flag a warning when that date is in the past or the period in days until that date. 

I have used this functionally with the NI-DAQmx driver but to use my current hardware I will need to manage this function within the worksheet.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to approach this problem,

Thanks in advance

DASYLab V13 full (v16 on preorder)

Windows 7 SP1

Delphin expert key L 200

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,097 Views)

Dear Simon-Lee,

Thank you for your question, as DASYLab is still natively supported by Measurement Computing, I would recommend contacting them for the best support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,068 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion I have fired off the question to MCC, I will leave this thread  open for a short while so I can add their solution. 🙂  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,042 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon-lee

Hi,

The great guys at Measurement Systems Ltd (https://www.measurementsystems.co.uk  the UK distributer of DASYLab)  have got Back to me. The solution involves a script module but I don’t feel entitled to post it here because it isn’t my work.  I sure if you pop over to MSI they will be more than happy to help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,850 Views)

I'm really glad that the Script helped. The Script module in DASYLab Full and Pro gives you an added level of customization for tasks like this, where DASYLab doesn't have a specific feature. 

I've got a bunch of example scripts at kb.mccdaq.com and am more than happy to provide a sample script for this or other tasks. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,819 Views)