From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LabVIEW Continuous Integration Project

I am using SVN. No problems to far.

It's a bit unconvenient to specify the repository locations, since there is no repo browser available in Jenkins (or I haven't found the right plugin yet)

I had some issues with the update strategy for the build. After setting it to "Always check out a fresh copy" it's working.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 71
(4,005 Views)

I am using https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Subversion+Plugin and trying to login with user/password (not SSH or certs).

For the repo locations don't you put the Checkout URL?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 71
(4,005 Views)

I am using the same plug-in, but I haven't found out how to comfortably browse through the repo from Jenkins. So I use the (Tortoise) Repo Browser to identify the correct location and then copy & paste the URL in Jenkins.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 71
(4,005 Views)

I was able to get Jenkins to check out code from SVN.  Here is what I found:

For some reason the latest Java (Version 8 Update 71) was the culprit.  I had to install Java 1.7.0_75 and then SVN Checkout worked.

My SVN server is = 1.8.13; what is your SVN Server version?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 71
(4,005 Views)

Need to ask for the server version at our IT dept. My client is TortoiseSVN 1.8.11, Build 26392 - 64 Bit

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 71
(4,005 Views)

Hello!  We'd like to try and set this up, but encountered this error when installing ni_lib_labview_ci_server_source-1.0.0.20.vip:

Main Package Name: LabVIEW CI Server Source (System) v1.0.0.20 Package Name with Error: LabVIEW CI Server Source (System) v1.0.0.20 Error Message: VIPM could not install the package ni_lib_labview_ci_server_source_system-1.0.0.20 . Error Code: 8 Error Source: Create Folder in VIPM Create Dir if Non-Existant.vi->21C4387AAE161FADBB1B2CA3A9EA1E5B->VIPM ZLIB Extract File (Optimized).vi->28AF4234E127726CA5BAE2A67664BEA7->92487A76B7E0A44AA023D0B4326081A1->OGPM Class.lvlib:AE5C17D32A658827574CE56AD11AA4E5->OGPM Class.lvlib:C43A876EE83195DB5AD53919EE545D96->04B61BB9511860B66C121A638B9449D9->VIPM Main Window.viC:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW Continuous Integration ===============

Error Code 8 indictates a file may possible be in use, so I made sure to restart my computer to make sure nothing was using it in the background.  I also made sure I installed the prerequite Launch Remote Actors package.  I'm also an admin on my computer, but also explicitly started VIPM as an Administrator.  Thanks for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 71
(4,000 Views)

Do you have the necessary access rights to the target folders, and are you running VIPM as an administrator?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 71
(4,000 Views)

Defnitely ran VIPM as admin, but realized I should manually change permissions on C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments to Full Control for everyone.  It installed fine now, thanks.

I'm trying to setup CI for LVFPGA code running on multiple sbRIO-9651's.  When configuring in CI Project Builder, although I can load the LabVIEW Project, it only shows Build Specs found under My Computer and not the Build Specs under each sbRIO.  Is there something else I'm missing?

I quickly skimmed through the LabVIEW Service Architecture section in the CI documentation to see if it's possible to modify code, but thought I should check with you first since there is a warning saying that the section was subject to change.  THANKS!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 71
(4,000 Views)

You are correct that the CI Project Builder right now only looks at build specs under My Computer.  We will be rearchitecting the tool in the future and this will be one of the things fixed. 

In the meantime, you can edit the Build spec in the HTTP string in Jenkins under the job. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
Message 29 of 71
(4,000 Views)

I just posted CI Builder 2.0.0.21 and CI Server Source 1.0.0.27.

Server Source changes are minimal, mostly bug fixes.  The biggest change is that we copy, rather than move, artifacts to the Jenkins workspace.  Leaving copies in the location specified in the build spec better supports incremental builds.

The CI Builder has had a complete overhaul, and is no implemented in the Configuration Editor Framework.  You will need to install CEF 2.1.1.105 before installing the new CI Builder.  Using CEF improves the look and feel of the CI Builder, and allows us (and you) to more easily extend the builder going forward.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 71
(4,000 Views)