From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating CI/CD Installation on Test PC

Hi Team,

I've got my CI server (Jenkins) set up nicely and it returns build executables and installers. Now I want to take it to the next level.

I have another PC that is set up with barebones Windows 10, and I was wanting to automate installing the latest build onto this PC (ever on a successful Jenkins build, or nightly/weekly windows scheduled task). (So I can speed up user acceptance testing, and make sure the installed exe still works with all the connected hardware). 

Using the below command I'm able to uninstall the software

rem :: this batch file must be run as an administrator
wmic product where name="<name of software>" call uninstall

However, I've been unable to re-install a the msi installer (created from LabVIEW 2019 - via Jenkins).

I've been trying variants of this with no success

msiexec /i "<path of installer exe" /passive
rem :: "/passive" is used to show the user interface a progress bar, but have no user input.

I thought it would be pretty straightforward, but I'm having no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,773 Views)

Solved - sorry, I have a bad habit of solving my own issues - but only after I've posted 😂

I don't know why I didn't try this earlier, but you can install your own build applications in the same way you would install NI software via a batch file.

rem :: Silent: setup /q /AcceptLicenses yes
rem :: Basic: setup /qb /AcceptLicenses yes 
rem :: Basic Full: setup /qf /AcceptLicenses yes
rem :: ------------------------------------------------------
rem :: Suppress final reboot: /r, /r:n 
rem :: Force final reboot: /r:f
rem :: ------------------------------------------------------
rem :: example script:
"<path to installer exe" /qb /AcceptLicenses yes /r:f
Message 2 of 2
(2,767 Views)