From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LabVIEW Continuous Integration Project

I think I have followed all the instructions and now I am up to the point where I am trying to build the CI Project (page 9 of the PDF).

Untitled.png

Any suggestions/

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 71
(3,997 Views)

Did you restart Jenkins, as described on the previous page?  Jenkins doesn't see the build scripts right away; a restart is required. The hostname is correct?  (It wants an IP address, not "localhost".)  Is your Alfred node running (see page 5)?

These are the things that have tripped me up.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 71
(3,997 Views)

I did restart Jenkins and hostname is correct (IP address and Port).

I skipped the Alfred node since it was optional, going to do that step now.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 71
(3,997 Views)

I think we're learning it's not optional.  Brandyn can comment on that when he gets back.  (He's OOO this week.)

The documentation will be updated on the next pass.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 71
(3,997 Views)

Do you guys have any guidance on what it would take for me to migrate/port this Project to Bamboo? 

We use Bamboo because it links into really nicely with our other development management tools.

I was looking for some direction as I was planning on digging through this project this weekend to find pieces I could use. 

Any feedback or guidance was be greatly appreciated. 

Message 15 of 71
(3,997 Views)

This was going to be my next question, since we use jira/confluence/hipchat, bamboo is what we ultimately will go with!

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 71
(3,997 Views)

That worked, though I cannot get Alfred to run as a service, the build worked!  Thanks.

I'd say Alfred is definitely required.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 71
(3,997 Views)

We haven't looked closely at Bamboo, as most of the experience in the ASE group at NI is with Jenkins (we like free tools as much as the next guy).

That said, will Bamboo talk to a web service?  If so, then it should be able to use the CI Server.  You would not have the CI Project Builder, though, as it invokes Jenkins builds scripts.

If there is an equivalent capability in Bamboo, the project builder could be modified to support it.  That tool is going to get a rework at some point, at which time, I will see what we can do to parameterize build script invocation.

Can the Bamboo users weigh in?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 71
(3,997 Views)

niACS schrieb:

I think we're learning it's not optional.  Brandyn can comment on that when he gets back.  (He's OOO this week.)

The documentation will be updated on the next pass.

Once the job is created on  Jenkins (and you get above error) you can modify it to run on a different node.

USed to have the same issue, since Alfred would not start on my Jenkins

Message 19 of 71
(3,997 Views)

What Source Code Control did you guys use for this?

Having a hard time with SVN, would be good to get more insight into configuring SCC.

I've tried most combinations I could think of, must be missing something obvious.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 71
(3,997 Views)