Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Error Handler Library

Hi Keith,

That is correct, thanks for catching that.  I'll update the merge VI next time I update the library.  You can update it yourself by modifying the file in user.lib.

Regards,

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 117
(10,186 Views)

Hi,

I need to implement a message handler to the user interface on  a test system we are developing, does the SEH works for the general user or equipment errors, such us

1. A sensor is not activated when the pneumatic cylinder moves.

2. An error is received from a motor driver.

If you answer is yes, I need to know how to connect the SEH to my program.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 117
(9,625 Views)

Hi Milosei,

The version of SEH attached to the document does not include any sort of messaging functionality, it only helps you to respond to specific error codes.  It might be useful in your situation in categorizing errors from the motor driver, but you would still neeed another mechanism to transfer the error to your user interface (a queue if both the test system and user interface are in the same application, or network communication if they are not).  In the future, SEH will support a notification mechanism which transmits error messages to a central error handling loop in the same application, but that functionality is not yet documented so I'm hesitant to post it.

Based upon your post I'm guessing that the user interface is a separate application running either on the same machine or a different one.  I'll also assume that both of the applications are written in LabVIEW.  If those assumptions are correct, I suggest you look into Network Streams (requires LV 2010) as an easy mechanism for transferring messages between applications:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/12267

If that's not the case then please respond with a better description of your problem and I can try to provide some suggestions.

Regards,

Ryan King

Systems Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 117
(9,618 Views)

As far as I can see from the article and from the discussion this is just pure G and could be a zipped archive.   However the fact that the code is all inside an inhospitable .msi file makes this library is inaccessible to those on alternate platforms.  Is there a chance that it could be simply packaged as a standard zip archive?

I understand that LV 8.2 would take some changes for compatibility, and it seems that 8.6 is no problems.  Of course this begs the question about use of LV 8.5 between the two?  It was the last universal version for some of us and though it is one of the more problematic versions this is the versions some of us are stuck with.  If there are any problems don't bother and I am sure somone on info-labview will willingly convert versions.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 117
(9,489 Views)

Hi Sth,

I'll be posting the next version of this in a VI Package Manager package.  I'm not planning to do much on the current version to give me time to finish up the next version.  If you'd like the next version in a VI Package I can send it now via email (send me a private message on NI community or something with your email address), but I don't have a nice document like the one on the main site to describe the new features and functions yet.

The next version will be in LV 2009.  I'm sorry, but I won't be backsaving it, it's too much to maintain and test.

Regards,

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 117
(9,483 Views)

Interesting.  Is NI adopting vipm in general?  That is a great solution!

I would be interested in a LV 9 or 10 version.  At the moment I have LV 3.1 through 8.5.1 installed on this machine and can backsave a bunch of versions.  This system recently updated to an intel system and I will have some newer versions installed as well.  Someday I will get an automated web site up that will backsave various versions.  No guarantee that it works, but least it gives some idea if there are gross incompatibilities.

I will send you a private message if I can figure out how to navigate the sometimes weird website.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 117
(9,483 Views)

Ryan,

What is the status on the latest version?  Have you posted it yet? Is this the correct link to download the latest version? http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6253

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 117
(9,287 Views)

That's the latest version I've published, but I have a newer version that I'm unwilling to publish because I haven't had a chance to document it yet.  I plan to publish it before NI Week, but not any time in the next month or two.  If you're okay with a lack of documentation I'm willing to email if if you send me a message with your email address.

Regards,

Ryan K.

Systems Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 117
(9,269 Views)

Is that packaged as a VIPM package?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 117
(9,262 Views)

The older version posted on the web is not a VI package, it includes an installer.  The newer version is in a VI package but not publicly posted.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 117
(9,256 Views)