Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Questions

Hello Everyone,

I'm taking the CLD this week and I have some questions:

1) Can I create a project and add in it the VI given by NI. 

2) I will use a STATE MACHINE and I'm thinking to add a state for the "WAIT EVENT"  within an EVENT STRUCTURE  to responds the user interaction with the UI (if the user click any buttons, this event structure will decide which state texecute).

=> It is a good idea or no?

3) At the end, if I will be able to test the Project with the VI analyzer, What I should consider the most in the VI Analyzer results.

4) For the file I/O ( INI file or CSV file)Can I Use an"Application Directory"+"File Name"+"Build Path" to access the file path?

5)If the application is well documented and I can run it at the end, I can pass it or there is another tip I should consider?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,904 Views)

1. Using a project should be a requirement.

2. As long as it meets the requirements, that should work fine.

3. From what I have been told, pretty much any failures in VI Analyzer will lose you points.  When in the crunch, go for the easy ones to fix.

4. I don't see why that would be an issue.  You need to use a relative path regardless.

5. Assuming your style is fine (ie VI Analyzer), that sound like a passing exam.  NI is not hiding anything from you when it comes to this exam.

GCentral
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(4,762 Views)

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,754 Views)

In the meantime, we have a different suggestion:  memorize enough of your favorite state machine template to recreate it from scratch in 10 minutes or less. You can do this with any template, but we're going to show you how we do it with the JKI State Machine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,478 Views)

I think that the templates are prohibited to use in the CLD, it is mentioned in the requirements document of the samples exams in section I(General requirements): "Templates, examples, or code developed outside the bounds of this exam are not acceptable for use in the application". 

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,453 Views)

@REFNH wrote:

I think that the templates are prohibited to use in the CLD, it is mentioned in the requirements document of the samples exams in section I(General requirements): "Templates, examples, or code developed outside the bounds of this exam are not acceptable for use in the application". 

You are misinterpreting that.  You can use anything (templates, examples, etc) that is built into LabVIEW.  You cannot use any libraries, examples, templates, etc. that were created by a 3rd party or you previous to the exam.

GCentral
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,272 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

Yes thank you I just finished the Exam and I asked the proctor for the templates, she said me that I can.

Can you see my last post, I detailed my preparation and the 4 hours exam in that and can you reply how do you think about it.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,268 Views)