Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Experience about CLD online exam

Finally passed the long overdue CLD exam, which should be taken 10 years ago with accetptable result.  

Laserengineer_0-1578159549551.png

Here are the suggestions from my experience: 

1. Make sure your web camera has the ability to show your ID clearly in short distance.It takes me over 20 minutes with 3-4 different types of ID before the proctor to start my test. I booked 11pm-3am, the test finished at 3:25am which is painful.  
  2. Adjust the monitor resolution as needed, the remote machine has a higher resolution than my current monitor setting. So the LabVIEW enviroment will look wierd than usual 
  3. If you choose to use state machine, it does not hurt to create many detail states that reduce the workload for each state. My template is: Initialization, idle, begin test, start test step, process test step, finish test step, stop test, safe state (optional), exit. As my brain can not process too much within one state, it is easier for me to create more steps. 
  4. If you are not happy with your initial CLD result, you can send email to certification@ni.com to appeal. From NI certification engineer "First, we rapidly process the solidly passing exams by using an automated system with very rigid grading criteria.  Then, we carefully double-check any exams which score below 75 to ensure we do not fail any exams which should pass." My functionality part initial result is only about 58% due to string format issue, which led to many extra deducted points. 
  5. Practice, practice and practice. I did not take the exam until I could finish the sample test within 2 hours. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,139 Views)