Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD 16: event structure in the idle case

Hello,

1.. the "time out" event, is it necessary? how to decide 100ms?

2. How to use the "event data node"??? i.e. "ctlref", in event 5 &6, it was used to disable the "use peanuts" button. can I use it in event 1&2 to disable the "fill peanuts" button? it seems that the sample solution use the property node of "fill peanuts" button directly?

3. other nodes such as: new val, old val, time, type, how to use them correctly?

I want to be safe in the exam..therefore I want to make sure what I can use..

thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,144 Views)

@idjuven1 wrote:

Hello,

2. How to use the "event data node"??? i.e. "ctlref", in event 5 &6, it was used to disable the "use peanuts" button. can I use it in event 1&2 to disable the "fill peanuts" button? it seems that the sample solution use the property node of "fill peanuts" button directly?

3. other nodes such as: new val, old val, time, type, how to use them correctly?

I want to be safe in the exam..therefore I want to make sure what I can use..

thanks so much!

That is hard to evaluate from text.  Try posting some code.  The left and right event nodes should not cause confusion to a CLD Candidate.   What exactly is your concern?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,126 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,124 Views)

@idjuven1 wrote:

standard solution

Did you write that or did you download it form somewhere? Seems rather messy overall. Lots of useless and incorrect code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,119 Views)

@idjuven1 wrote:

Because whoever wrote this forgot to add an event for the stop button. The timeout is now needed to poll the stop button.

@idjuven1 wrote:

It is pointless to use the control reference if the event is only triggered by one control. You use statically linked property nodes elsewhere, why not here?

All you probably need is three events:

1. Control Panel line 1: value changed
  2. Control Panel line 2: value changed
  3. Stop button: value changed

In events 1&2 you can detect which control got changed by comparing old vs new from the event data node and act accordingly. (You probably could even combine events 1&2).

• It is silly to close static references (many places!)
  • why is there a 25ms wait on the outer loop?

If you wrote this code, go back to the tutorials. If you did not write the code, ignore it and find a better example..

Message 5 of 14
(5,109 Views)

@CA

He did not write that.  Unfortunately, its part of the CLD Success Package.

These examples and tutorials are most valuable as starting points for discussions on how it can be done better.  But, you just discovered that.....

At least the new CLAD material has been vetted by Champions, the Old material has not yet been submitted to peer review by an expert panel. 

I keep trying to open that as a Champion enabled Kaison event....But it appears that badging assessments, NXG C&T development and maintaining other aspects of the program are highly time consuming for the NI Resources available.

Discussions like this one here are the correct stop-gap suplement to the existing NI supplied stuff.  Thanks for participating!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 14
(5,102 Views)

THanks for sharing

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,081 Views)

Jeff, I always appreciate your very measured responses. 

If anyone wants CLD or CLA recertification points, creating a better solution for CLD success package exercises is certainly worthy.  I can post those without having to confer with other stakeholders, so it's a much leaner process.  If the solution is vetted through the forum I'll figure they're at least as good as what we have, and I'll add them as a supplement.  A CLD success package exercise solution would be 5 points, we'd log it as writing a CLD-R Multiple-Choice Question. 

We'll only need one solution per exercise, so to help coordinate I've created a spreadsheet you can access here.  Please only "claim" one exercise at a time so everyone has a chance to participate.  Put the date you start and the sheet will add 2 weeks to give a "due date."  If a solution is not submitted by it's due date, I'll clear the line so someone else has a chance.  If you give your email address on the sheet, I'll touch base first, but you can use any identifier to say "I got this".  This is attempting to balance your privacy (if you don't want your email out there) with my workload.  The sheet is public to anyone who has the link. 

Sound good? 

Let me know if 2 weeks is a good time period, that was an arbitrary choice.  And thank you all, we in NI Customer Proficiency are very grateful for the LabVIEW community. 

Elwood

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Message 8 of 14
(5,076 Views)

that would be awesome for the LV beginners like me..

I had one attempt of CLD already.. and the result was 10/10, 13/15, 0.9/15(functionality) points.. it is very embarrassing because I spent lots of time developing SubVIs, block diagrams but the function only get less than one point.

I do not have a computer nor engineer degree.. the only programming experience was basic C in my college. with the currently CLD prep materials, it is very difficult to pass the exam, given that some of the solutions is not very updated..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,072 Views)

maybe you can pin this suggestion on the top of this discussion forum? so that every one can read it and join it?

The first few CLDs are pretty simple.. but if people can find alternative and more efficient solutions, that would be awesome..

I will retake the CLD in late October.. and I hope I can contribute to it as well as a beginner

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,064 Views)