cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD CERTIFICATION

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I came across the CLAD certification details for preparation in NI website I found that there was CLAD Preparation guide for 2017, Syllabus is changed bit with addition Hardware section and of 42 questions.  I am planning to do CLAD, whether its new syllabus need to be followed.  Can anybody explain 

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(13,411 Views)

The CLAD got revamped at NI Week.  One of the big changes was the addition of hardware interface.  So study the new guide.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(13,391 Views)

The changeover will take effect July 31st.  If you are basically ready to take the exam based on the old prep material, make sure you schedule your exam before that date.  After then, you'll take a CLAD more closely aligned with how LabVIEW is used in jobs to acquire, analyze and report data (rather than the prior low-level general-knowledge exam).  The revised exam has a new prep guide, and we recommend adding Data Acquisition Using NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW to your coursework.  

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(13,382 Views)

Hi, 

Changes will be effective after July 31st means where can I get samples and preparation materials for current appearance

Regards

Senthil Prakash

Senthil Prakash S
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(13,361 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Senthil_Prakash

Yes.  If you need older (pre-July 31 2017) English-language CLAD exam prep materials, please email your request to certification@ni.com .  We didn't want to overly complicate the web page during the transition, and want to track how many this decision affected.  

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(13,349 Views)
Spoiler
Would that mean the old CLAD certificate's value would be reduced ?

Poonam Ojha
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(13,311 Views)

Thanks all I have successfully cleared the certification today

Senthil Prakash S
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(13,289 Views)

Hi Senthil,

Can you please share your experience with the CLAD exam? Or can you please share some of the questions to my email ID rishivanhelsing4@gmail.com (Since posting exam questions in the forum is prohibited by NI). I will be appearing for my CLAD exam this Sunday. 

Regards,

Rishi

Certified LabVIEW Architect
System Test Architect
Electrical Engineering
JLR
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(13,188 Views)

@RishiDivakar wrote:

Or can you please share some of the questions to my email ID rishivanhelsing4@gmail.com (Since posting exam questions in the forum is prohibited by NI).

NI prohibits posting questions because it goes against the NDA you sign when you take the exam.  Sharing the questions in any form could mean risking revoking your standing certification.  Please don't ask people to break their agreement with NI.

That being said the practice exams follow the real exam pretty well and if you can pass the practice there is a good chance you can pass the real one.  Also read up on this.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/Certification-Nugget-CLAD-Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Develope...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(13,182 Views)

Nope, if you are already an existing CLAD, your certification will not change or be invalidated. During the natural course of your CLAD's expiration over the next two years, when you recertify you will do so with the new updated content. 

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(12,955 Views)