CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSLUG June 2023

Ooops! I made a mistake in the remote sign up meeting.

I've corrected the link above and here it is again: https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/91823fb3-4e85-4bd4-8578-c9207845c1a2@7366c578-54dd-4be0-bcd...

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,293 Views)

As a follow up from my presentation last time I have a demo and would like to discuss Hands On training for LabVIEW. Plots and plans, plots and plans....

Also I have written a driver for Basler Dart cameras as a learning tool, (I wanted to learn how to make dll wrappers). I could demo that and show how to debug in Visual Studio (it really blew my mind how useful this is!). Could also go through some of the issues I came across.

But am happy to be bumped if there are other takers.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 12 of 27
(1,283 Views)

I'm arranging a tour of the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source target stations after the meeting for anyone who's interested, so don't forget to sign up if you are planning to come along 🙂

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,240 Views)

Hi Steve,

Not many takers so you are welcome to have some time this month. I guess I'll put it out there for people to comment on whether they prefer one topic or the other.

As we are low on speakers this time around I'd also put my hat in the ring to talk about "first impressions of UI as a layman". I've recently played with deep learning for some spectral analysis and can share some details about how that worked and my impressions of where it seems to be a good fit in a measurement system design. It would be low on LabVIEW though perhaps I can find some time by then to try something there.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,217 Views)

I have something I could talk about.  Aiming to provoke a discussion, I would be criticising what I see as a very common LabVIEW antipattern.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,198 Views)

Hi James,

That would be great as Paul needs to pull his. So the agenda in (an order I will fix shortly):

• James Powell - Mysterious anti-pattern!
  • Steve Watts - Dealers choice between debugging DLLs and troublemaking 😉
  • James McNally - First Attempts with AI in Measurement Systems
James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,179 Views)

It's not very clear where this is?  In B68 somewhere?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,155 Views)

Hi,

I am getting a 'Operation failed with unexpected error.' message when I am trying to join online.

Can you please recirculate the teams link ?

Thanks,

Sameer

Message 18 of 27
(1,137 Views)

Same here ..... 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,130 Views)

I get the same if I use the 'Join event' link from the email. If I try the link in the calendar item I wait in the Teams Lobby, apparently the people in the meeting know I'm waiting....

Steve Swindley (CLA since Feb 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,099 Views)