CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSLUG March 2023 - 21st March 2023

Hi Everyone,

I'm massively indebted to Kevin Ross and the team at Williams F1 who have kindly offered to host us for CSLUG in March. In addition to the usual content Kevin has also been able to organise a tour of their heritage centre after the presentation so F1 fans + LabVIEW fans don't want to miss this one. (

Williams Heritage | Williams Racing (williamsf1.com))

As usual we will also aim to stream the presentations on line but with different venues we can't be too sure of the setup so this will be a best effort!

Please register and especially for in person as you will not be able to get on site if I can't share their details. You should register at least a week before the event.

In Person Registration: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-march-2023-in-person-tickets-537469474667

Streaming Registration: https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/c0a02e36-f93c-43cf-86f3-7d3b7fe677c3@7366c578-54dd-4be0-bcd...

With that I'm also looking for volunteers to present. Please let me know on here or at james@wiresmithtech.com if you would like to give a presentation. My requirements are pretty loose:

• 10 - 45 minutes - short presentations can be as useful as long ones!
  • On a topic that will be of interest to LabVIEW developers
  • Bonus: You will get extra recertification points!

Let me know if there are any questions.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,573 Views)

When I try the in-person registration, it says they go "On Sale 21 Feb 2023 at 01:00", and so I cannot register.  I think you must have configured something wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,563 Views)

You are correct! Should be working now.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,543 Views)

Presentation: 'LabVIEW RT and Beckhoff'. Sorry I don't have a catchy title as yet. I would like to talk about on something I have been working on, getting LabVIEW RT talking to Beckhoff kit. If people are interested =]

Message 4 of 15
(2,483 Views)

Definitely interested!  What Beckhoff kit are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,237 Views)

I wouldn't mind spending some time talking various community initiatives...

By nice to get some feedback.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 6 of 15
(2,230 Views)

We are currently using a Beckhoff CX PLC with a EK1122. 

We also had a ET2000 to monitor the EtherCAT traffic on our network, really good bit of kit,.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,180 Views)

I am pretty interested in Beckhoff as well.

We have a portable CX2062 system in a flight case (which makes it the worlds biggest and heaviest laptop....), would anyone like me to stick in the car to have a look?

Message 8 of 15
(1,990 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Here is the agenda for the March CSLUG:

1.30pm – Chris Hyde - Introduction to Williams

1.45pm - Francesco Natali - Integration of NI Real-Time controllers to F1 car electronics

2.15pm - Kevin Ross - LabVIEW RT & Beckhoff

2.45pm - Coffee

3.00pm - Leah Edwards - Quick Drop Revisited

3.30pm  - Steve Watts - New Community Initiatives.

4.00pm – Museum visit

We've got great attendance numbers but still space for more if you know anyone that will be interested.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,017 Views)

I always like looking at kit Dave

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,987 Views)