BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the coolest thing you've done with LabVIEW?

Wow. I can definitely understand how a seizing dog toy would look rather creepy. But what an amazing application - being able to simulate seizures. Are the videos your friend made public on YouTube? It would be awesome to see the application in action!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(11,469 Views)

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any of his videos being put on the web.  He tends to be a bit secretive about his work.  He did publish some of it a while ago though.  You can read the abstract on Pubmed.  You computer/math/modelling people would probably have an easier time understanding it than I would.  It's way over my head.  I love his article title.  I still can't figure it out.  🙂

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16290117

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(11,461 Views)

I still have a SCSI CD-ROM.  Nothing to hook it to, though.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(11,437 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@TaylorYork wrote:

Test. Jet. Engines. [USAF]

Cool!

I was involved in the Fuel pumps that I BELIEVE is now flying on the new JSF.

So we are related!

Ben

I'm related too.  I used Labview to develop a test interface to help designers to design an RF power amplifier that is used in the JSF aircraft.

Sorry I don't have a picture.  That was several years ago.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 24 of 36
(11,419 Views)

I gave away my PC with my SCSI adapter (Adaptec) and CD-ROM a few years ago.  It was an emotional goodbye...

Isn't SATA related to SCSI though?

Regarding cool things done with LabVIEW, I haven't really done any.  That's why I'm trying to tread water with tales of SCSI......

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(11,407 Views)

I wrote the software to control this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0atClPSTx8

First version in C, second version with LabVIEW.

Randall Pursley
Message 26 of 36
(11,389 Views)

@rpursley8 wrote:

I wrote the software to control this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0atClPSTx8

First version in C, second version with LabVIEW.

I am impressed!

Reminds on one of my crazy ideas to program a pair of robot arms to crochet 3d sculptures using kevlar thread and UV curing epoxy to set each not. The intent was to create strong light weight panels with little or no human interactions. It could knit a car body for example.

But yours is real and very impresive.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(11,375 Views)

I agree. That video is so cool! How long did it take you to develop the program?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(11,373 Views)

The C program was pretty quick.  The second generation had alot of sensors added to it for automatic calibration and record keeping to account for mechanical changes over time.  That took a lot longer to develop, probably close to a year (working on weekends and holidays mostly).

Randall Pursley
Message 29 of 36
(11,363 Views)
Recently I designed and built a precision mechanical tester (a force versus displacement tester). The company I work for was in need of a tester that was capable of; measuring forces in both compression and tension directions, measuring forces in thre micro-gram range, a minimum displacement of 1 micrometer, could report load & displament at a rate of atleast 20kHz, the tool needed to be easy to use & configure for test, and lastly it couldn't cost more than $3k. LabVIEW and NI hardware (specifically compactDAQ) allowed me to do all that and more. I had to use other hardware as well (load cell, linear actuator, linear bearing, 3-stage table, etc) But the programming and data collection are all NI. I actually put some effort into the user interface, beyond just coloring & grouping of front panel objects, I made some of my own controls & indicators.
Message 30 of 36
(11,296 Views)