BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To blog or not to blog, that is the question.

I have been asked to start blogging on LV.

Would I be wasting my time or would anybody be interested if I did?

I may not have a choice and it may not be under my name (at first).

Curious,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 26
(13,892 Views)

What are you going to blog about?

I think if you are being forced to blog about something then it's going to die a horrible death. You have got to want to do this!!!

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 26
(13,887 Views)

Then its better I not use my own name.

Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 26
(13,873 Views)

@Ben wrote:

[...] would anybody be interested if I did? [...]

I'd be interested.  You'd be in a prominent place in my feed reader so I could read every post.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 26
(13,862 Views)

I would definately follow your blog. Will you put a link so I can find it? Of course if you really need to be anonymous that wouldn't work very well.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 5 of 26
(13,858 Views)

If this really happens I'll share with y'all.

I can not promise a Nugget a week but if I can use it to generate some discusions here on the forums, and it lives up to the URL, good.

Take care and thanks for the feedback.

Ben

Message 6 of 26
(13,852 Views)

Ben-

Ben's Blog sounds like a great idea! I think you'ld be surprised at hits the site will recieve.  There is hardly a forum member that has not been aided by your direct contribution and I know I would be a frequent visitor- a good way to pick up a tip or two.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 26
(13,833 Views)

I'd certainly read it. 

There's been a few interesting LV blogs over the years. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 8 of 26
(13,829 Views)

Count me in too. I always take your advice when I see that you have answered a question. You advice is clear and concise. You have many examples to link to suggestions. The nuggets that you have done where very much worth reading.

I am wonder about the forced to blog part of it though. That does not sound like motivation to really do something.

Tim
GHSP
Message 9 of 26
(13,785 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

Count me in too. I always take your advice when I see that you have answered a question. You advice is clear and concise. You have many examples to link to suggestions. The nuggets that you have done where very much worth reading.

I am wonder about the forced to blog part of it though. That does not sound like motivation to really do something.

Don't worry. I was "forced" to use LV in the first place.

I am a person that knows first hand about "It is hard to kick against the goad."

The worst that can happen is I waste an excellent domain name.

Ben

Message 10 of 26
(13,780 Views)